ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: iPhone 4, WHAT gesture gets color sample fr canvas?

iPhone 4, WHAT gesture gets color sample fr canvas?

Hello all,

I feel very frustrated asking this because AR is so intuitive but...I can't figure out which gesture it is, that when one is painting on the canvas, creates the circle that picks up a color from the canvas and immediately changes the working color.

So far this has happened many times by accident when I'm intent, hyper focused, on painting itself, and I don't see what I did to make the circle appear, pick up a color from painting and make that instantly the working color. The topic is NOT in the Help file in the color section.

I've tried experimenting with all kinds of gesture combinations with various starting points, etc., etc. Can't duplicate it. Not getting it. :-(

I'd really LIKE TO sample right from canvas. It would save lots of time AND also using colors mixed in the painting would provide greater color continuity, and so on.

PLEASE somebody explain this to this very frustrated non-newbie!

Thank you!
    bbbOK

To select a colour from the canvas, tap and hold on the canvas. You will see the current tool on the left disappear. Now drg to the colour you want and release. As you drag a ring will appear around your fingertip showing the currently selected colour.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thumbs up Thank you!

Thank you, that was perfect. I think it was too simple and easy for me ! I have to over think everything.
    bbbOK