ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 2-Monitor-Setup: possible to limit tablet workspace to one monitor only?

2-Monitor-Setup: possible to limit tablet workspace to one monitor only?

Hi there, 1st of all congrats for AR4 to the team.

My question is prettty much explained in the headline. i want to limit the (physical) workspace of my Intuos4 tablet to the main monitor only - thus having a larger space for drawing on the tablet itself. Is there any way to achieve this? With AR I use the 2nd monitor only for reference images or simultaneous tutorial videos; thx at this point to "someonesane" and others for their helpful work.

I believe that should be an option in your Wacom tablet settings in the mapping tab ( if you just want to constrain the tablet area to one rather than across both monitors ), but I'd recommend checking with Wacom support as they should be able to give you the specifics for your tablet and OS if that doesn't help. I hope this is of some use!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Yay, found it (should have known/tried it myself...). You can even constrain it to a defined part of a certain monitor or across both... excellent.

If someone has the same question: here's a screenshot where to find those settings. Unfortunately not in English, but you'll find your way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wacom.jpg 
Views:	1146 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	75144  

(EDIT) - It appears Bertie beat me to the post, while I was getting my screen shot set up, lol. Ah well, I'll leave this up just case.

I'm using an Intous 4 with two monitors and was able to limit the tablet to a single monitor by using the "Wacom Tablet Properties" panel. I'm not sure how you'd get to it on a Mac, but on Windows you should be able to find it under the All Programs menu of the Start tab. When you open it, you'll see the panel shown in my screen shot below. Locate the Mapping tab and then set the Screen Area option to use whichever monitor you plan to use the tablet for. You may also want to check off the Force Proportions option as well. This may limit the amount of usable area you have on your tablet (by a small amount), but if you don't and your monitor doesn't match the size of your tablet in aspect ratio, you'll be drawing ovals when you try to draw a circle. If you'd really like to get fancy, you can opt to add the ArtRage program to your Application list (third option down on the panel) and then set a Mapping preset specific to the program. That way, when you're not using ArtRage (or have it minimized) the tablet can be used for the both monitors, but when you have ArtRage open (and focused on), the tablet will switch to only working on the single monitor.

Name:  wacom.jpg
Views: 27364
Size:  63.8 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

You're just great, someonesane.

I found out myself, but in the meantime you delivered the answer as a "fallback-solution".

Love the Internet because of people like you. :-)