ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gouldian Finch

Red face Gouldian Finch

Working in a new project with my father, he's doing the wood part (?), I'll show you the whole result, now my part, the begining of a paint with lots colors!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	working_new poject.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	74287

- It is the
    emotion that brings us closer to the reality, which is infinite and diverse. Antonio López García
    - What would life be if we did not have the courage to try something new? Vicent Van Gogh
    My Gallery

Looking good!

Aren't they glorious creatures? They hail from my part of the woods, but I've never seen one in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Looking good!

Aren't they glorious creatures? They hail from my part of the woods, but I've never seen one in the wild.

Dear copespeak

You're right, I think is looking good, it's a present for my dad, today we celebrate in Spain 'father's day', I have a dream: going to your country to enjoy seeing birds... and one day, I'll do it. Sure!!

Thank you very much for your comment

- It is the
    emotion that brings us closer to the reality, which is infinite and diverse. Antonio López García
    - What would life be if we did not have the courage to try something new? Vicent Van Gogh
    My Gallery

I love seeing your bird paintings, and watch the progress with awe, you are an expert in getting all the beautiful detail. This is going to another one I can't wait to see finished.
    My other hobby was photographing birds, I have 1000's of bird photos on my PC and would love to paint them but can't get the feathers right, I have a few paintings which I started last year but can't get them right so gave up, that's why I went over to painting fury animals.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
    I love seeing your bird paintings, and watch the progress with awe, you are an expert in getting all the beautiful detail. This is going to another one I can't wait to see finished.
    My other hobby was photographing birds, I have 1000's of bird photos on my PC and would love to paint them but can't get the feathers right, I have a few paintings which I started last year but can't get them right so gave up, that's why I went over to painting fury animals.
    Dear Saphire:
    It's always a pleasure reading your fantastic comment about my paints.

Regarding your other hobby is spectacular, I've spent my whole life surrounded by birds, my father, for whom I am doing this series of illustrations, is a great breeder of pigeons and tropical birds, and that love is passed, is inherited. I am a biologist because the passion that I have always seen it encouraged me to study something I feel it's my vocation. I have published many of my paintings of birds, all developed with really special techniques such as colored pencil, i draw birds since I was a child, with the same... pencils. Now, since I got a tablet bamboo, the simplest model, began to illustrate with ArtRage. I have always said that the same technique is mastered with practice, I encourage you to not give up on your project, and keep trying, change tools, studies birds before you begin painting, working with color and then let the art flow, you have a lot of talent, I know you have. I hope one day you show me some of your photos, or best, one of your bird paint from a pic. Regards

- It is the
    My Gallery

Look forward to seeing this work develop, so far very beautiful as are your others.

Thank you mochuelin for your very kind words, I will have to go back and have another play with the ones I started but never finished. I do have a kestrel I posted in the gallery, even now when I look at it, it still doesn't please me the way I have done the feathers. I know some people prefer a painting to look like a painting and not like a photograph but that's not my way, it has to be right. Your bird paintings are just that, perfect in every detail. I am still learning and find it very frustrating sometimes not being able to see the whole picture as one but only sections at a time.
    This is the link to the kestrel. http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...hlight=kestrel
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by drawing4art View Post
    Look forward to seeing this work develop, so far very beautiful as are your others.
    Thank you so much for your kind comment. Expect you like when it be finished

- It is the
    My Gallery

From the beginning

Name:	1 (Large).jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	74311

Name:	2 (Large).jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	74312

Name:	3 (Large).jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	74313

Name:	4 (Large).jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	74314

- It is the
    My Gallery

Name:	5 (Large).jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	74315

Name:	6 (Large).jpg 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	74316

Name:	7 (Large).jpg 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	74332

Name:	8 (Large).jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	74333

More soon...!
    Last edited by mochuelin; 03-21-2013 at 10:04 AM.

- It is the
    My Gallery