ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aunt_Betsy Stickers for byroncallas

Aunt_Betsy Stickers for byroncallas

Here is a packet of 6 stickers, byroncallas has been enjoying my other stickers so much I had to post a few more. I hope everyone enjoys them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45htc5uste...t_Betsy.arpack
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

Oh my goodness, Betsy, you are a wizz at this, thank you I'm really going to have fun

These are so cool thanks aunt, i've been trying a few sticker but nothing i like so far, but i'm still working on them
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Hi Aunt Betsy. Wow and wow! Still blows my mind these things.

As a showcase, why not try making a cake and decorate it with all your icings. Seems like they would be perfect for that. Not sure how one would do perspective though. But anyway I seem to keep thinking of cake icing.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks Aunt_Betsy: these are going to be marvelous marvelous fun. You're a gem.

Akey: with the spray variation settings you can achieve pressure sensitive stroke-width variance that helps create perspective. It's a bit tricky to handle, but you can pull it off, especially if you don't mind a little creative license. The transparent airbrush deftly applied to modulate color after applying the sticker spray can also help bring depth to the sense of perspective. Lastly, the new transform tool can help you pull off a lot of tricks. Betsy should go for that cake.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Oh my goodness, Betsy, you are a wizz at this, thank you I'm really going to have fun
    Thanks Jean, I hope you have a good time with them.

Quote Originally Posted by cripster View Post
    These are so cool thanks aunt, i've been trying a few sticker but nothing i like so far, but i'm still working on them
    Thanks Graham, just keep working on them lots of times less is more with sticker, if they are too complicated they just look like a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Hi Aunt Betsy. Wow and wow! Still blows my mind these things.

As a showcase, why not try making a cake and decorate it with all your icings. Seems like they would be perfect for that. Not sure how one would do perspective though. But anyway I seem to keep thinking of cake icing.
    Thanks D Akey, None of the stickers here really worked will with the cake decorating. I'm too much of a realist to really use multicolored stickers for decorating a cake. I just can see that coming out of an icing bag. I did make a cake using four different stickers in including the candles. Birthday themed items are my best sellers on Zazzle so I had already started playing around with using stickers to decorate cakes with. The perspective really is a problem, the side of the cake is fine but the top on a round cake is so shorted with a side view. I should probably work on a sheet cake it would work better for decorating the top. I actually did a graphic of one up for the HR department at work once for celebrating hiring anniversaries.

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Thanks Aunt_Betsy: these are going to be marvelous marvelous fun. You're a gem.

Akey: with the spray variation settings you can achieve pressure sensitive stroke-width variance that helps create perspective. It's a bit tricky to handle, but you can pull it off, especially if you don't mind a little creative license. The transparent airbrush deftly applied to modulate color after applying the sticker spray can also help bring depth to the sense of perspective. Lastly, the new transform tool can help you pull off a lot of tricks. Betsy should go for that cake.
    Thanks Bryon, I can't wait to see what you do with these. I made a cake but not with these stickers, I used some of the tricks that you mentioned, to be honest I acutely I prefer to do much of my cake making in vectors, I have so much more control. This cake I did all of it in ArtRage. I do like to bring many of my vectors into ArtRage to smooth out the shading and highlights. Shading can be difficult in vectors. I can do it but it took me a lot of years to teach myself how with any skill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cake2a.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	471.4 KB 
ID:	74128  
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

Aunt Betsy, thank you for sharing your beautiful stickers. I've had a great time playing with them.

Re; the cake.... I had a quick play to shadow one and came up with this. The new gradient tool makes it very easy. A bit basic.

Attachment 74130

Hey, those cakes are cool you guys.

I haven't played with the new stickers yet to make some wild design. I will next week after cooling out for the weekend. But I was practicing last night how to make a weave in AR for a painting I'm planning with sticker spray, and decided to use your new stickers with their presets to practice. So these are just straight brush strokes figuring out how to accomplish a weave. But I'll come back with something all tangled up or messy, or maybe a symmetry design, later next week. Your stickers make them enjoyable tinkers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aunt Betsy Weave Test Fifth.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	384.6 KB 
ID:	74134  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 03-17-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    //

Your weave is great Byron. Did you go along and erase every second cross over?

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Your weave is great Byron. Did you go along and erase every second cross over?
    LOL. Thanks Robyn. And hey, you're not supposed to give away all the tricks.
    Actually that's 50% of the trick. There is another step that makes it easier and at the same time gives you the receding shadows as one thread goes under the other. Without the other step it would take an awful lot of careful erasing with a darn steady hand.
    //