ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Transparent pictures

Transparent pictures

Can anyone help, ive got a drawing ive just scanned in as a jpeg put on artrage 4, i want it so i can see my lines and paint underneath them, what do i do?

Hi and welcome Chris!
    Have your scanned drawing as the bottom layer with 'Blend Mode' set to 'Normal' and if using AR4 you can also set 'Lock Paint' to avoid accidentally painting on it! Now make your painting layer/s above your drawing.
    Set the 'Blend Mode' of the paint layer/s to 'Multiply' or 'Watercolour' and you will still be able to see your lines as you paint.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hi thanks for your reply, ive got the picture as bottom layer, and locked it as you said havent a clue what to do now sorry?
    --
    Have a great time on Earth

Fear not!
    Open the layers pod if its not already open, by clicking on its icon. By default it can normally be found on the right hand side of the screen.
    At the bottom of the opened panel click the small + icon to create new layers.
    Hover the cursor over a layer in the now open Layers Panel and small icons appear in each corner of the layers thumbnail, click the botom right corner one, to acecss the popup menu where you can choos types of blend modes (and many other things!)
    Name:  Screen shot 2013-03-03 at 20.02.31.png
Views: 91
Size:  35.9 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

hi again

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	73777
    Hi i think ive done it thanks for your help buddie
    all the best from chris in the UK
    --
    Have a great time on Earth