ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wacom teases upcoming HD mobile tablet for 'creative uses'

Red face Wacom teases upcoming HD mobile tablet for 'creative uses'

"Wacom's dipped its electronic quill in a lot of stylus-enabled tablets, but hasn't yet done what many of its creative pro users would like: build one of its own. It looks like that's about to change as the Bamboo maker has posted a teaser on Facebook saying it'll bring a mobile tablet "this summer" with a pressure-sensitive professional pen, multi-touch capability and an HD display. There are no other details like what OS such a device may boast, but if it offers its own functionality as well -- say, Cintiq-style input on a desktop machine -- then Wacom could be onto a winner."

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/01/w...creative-uses/

Name:  wacom-tablet-3-1-13-02.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  25.7 KB

After waiting far too long for the Windows 8 Surface pro to appear, and after I had a play with the Surface RT, which I came away from unimpressed, I decided to go for a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1
    The note 10.1 is pretty good, and if you haven't joined the ipad club as you would prefer a proper pressure sensitive digitizer pen then, if you can find a good deal, I would recommend the note 10.1, which at first I wasn't keen on until I found a good deal myself. But saying that, I will, if the price is not too steep, consider selling my note 10.1 to put towards this Wacom tablet. So please Wacom make it great, and not too expensive (fingers crossed).

Wink

Seems Wacom are at last starting to tease us with info about their upcoming mobile tablet.

From Wacom EU:

Top Secret: The Mobile Tablet Innovation Spy 1/6

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8125369&type=3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1013469_577535325631970_1709592630_n.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	76301

Wacom’s upcoming mobile tablet could sport an NVIDIA Tegra 4 chip

....this year Wacom announced plans to offer a true mobile tablet which you could use to create art on the go — no separate PC required.

The company hasn’t said much about the tablet since March, but new benchmark tests that showed up at the GLBenchmark website could provide a few clues about the upcoming device.

The test results are for a device that appears to be called the Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid 13HD, although the name could just for internal use. Either way, it does suggest that the tablet has a 13 inch HD display...

GLBenchmark’s page also mentions a few hardware details:

Android 4.2.1
    1920 x 1032 pixel display
    CPU min/max frequency: 51 MHz / 1810 MHz

If the screen resolution looks funny, that’s because these test results usually don’t account for the Android menu bar, so we’re probably looking at a machine with a 1920 x 1080 or 1920 x 1200 pixel display......

http://liliputing.com/2013/07/wacoms...ra-4-chip.html

If it is really a 13", I think it will be too big and expensive for my tastes.

At present I am inclined to buy a Galaxy Note 10.1, but probably I will wait until the beginning of September, to see if at IFA Samsung or others will announce some new interesting products (and also hoping in the meantime we will receive some updates about AR for Android ).

From the drawing of the two boxes, I would suspect a double version, Android and Windows. It will be not surprising, considering that they are the two systems that already have tablet solutions with Wacom digitezers.
    Last edited by Antlab; 07-25-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Interesting Info

After waiting far too long for the Windows 8 Surface pro to appear, and after I had a play with the Surface RT, which I came away from unimpressed, I decided to go for a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1
    The note 10.1 is pretty good, and if you haven't joined the ipad club as you would prefer a proper pressure sensitive digitizer pen then, if you can find a good deal, I would recommend the note 10.1, which at first I wasn't keen on until I found a good deal myself. But saying that, I will, if the price is not too steep, consider selling my note 10.1 to put towards this Wacom tablet. So please Wacom make it great, and not too expensive (fingers crossed).

Interesting Info. My guess would be it has a new Atom processor, will have only 2GB ram unfortunatly and will run Windows 8.
    Because unfortunatly too, there is no proper drawing software for Android and Windows 8 for ARM tablets. The existing software versions
    for Windows 8 ARM are mutilated to unusuable. Friends of mine use an ASUS eeeTablet something (forgot the correct name), which
    has a i5, 4GB Ram and runs a regular W8, though they can use normal desktop versions of software, because mobile version are
    just good for kid's toys - even Sketchbook Pro. The disadvantage is, the battery lasts only 2 hours.

I bought a Samsung Note 10.1 too, but then found out there is only crap soft for drawing purpose - that's why I count the days
    for ArtRage for Android - especially because since some days Google gift cards are available in Germany too and I can finally
    buy software in the PlayStore. I surely won't get a credit card, a phone provider contract or become customer at SteamEvil, to
    buy anything.

I really hope the Android version of ArtRage will have all functions and won't be another crippled version like the versions of
    all the other programs.
    Kunst muss nicht immer kompliziert sein!

Quote: "Interesting Info. My guess would be it has a new Atom processor, will have only 2GB ram unfortunatly and will run Windows 8.
    Because unfortunatly too, there is no proper drawing software for Android and Windows 8 for ARM tablets. The existing software versions
    for Windows 8 ARM are mutilated to unusuable. Friends of mine use an ASUS eeeTablet something (forgot the correct name), which
    has a i5, 4GB Ram and runs a regular W8, though they can use normal desktop versions of software, because mobile version are
    just good for kid's toys - even Sketchbook Pro. The disadvantage is, the battery lasts only 2 hours..[End QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Each Thursday Wacom have been updating their page with a comic illustration that gives more clues about the devices until the actual launch date somewhere around middle of August.

Going by the latest comic, it seems one of the devices is an i7 with an ssd (solid state drive) and a number of usb/input ports.

more here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=6861da02ff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21445_583926701659499_692402112_n.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	76468  

Cool

New Cintiq Companion and Cintiq Companion Hybrid creative tablets for Windows 8 and Android respectively, deliver professional pen-on-screen performance for users longing to work wherever and whenever they want

By Wacom

VANCOUVER, Wash., Aug.19, 2013 — /PRNewswire/ -- Staying on top of evolving trends in the creative community and responding to frequent requests from professional customers, Wacom® extends the creative experience from the desktop to a mobile environment with the new Cintiq® Companion line of creative tablets.

Make the world your studio - Create anytime, anywhere with Cintiq Companion Nowadays, creative professionals require high performance hardware and software that enable them to create in a variety of environments including studios, client offices, coffee shops, planes, trains and many more. The Cintiq Companion supports creative freedom by offering everything necessary for productive art and design work whether in the studio or on the go. Providing an all-purpose, mobile workstation, it is a fully-fledged Windows 8 tablet, powered by a 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor and Intel® HD Graphics 4000 that pack a punch whether designing a character, or retouching a photo. For excellent creative results, Wacom offers two models. One with 8GB memory and 256GB SSD with Windows 8 and the other with 8GB memory, 512GB SSD with Windows 8 Pro.

read more: http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/08/...es-mobile.html