ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Package Files

Package Files

I cannot seem to install a package file into Artrage 4. It shows that it has been installed but does not appear in the presets. Thanks for help.

What type of presets were they? Some presets may be named "pencil" or "chalk", but really be sticker spray presets.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I tried "skip 's watercolors" artpack and it does not appear as it does in Artrage 3, but does appear where you can view installed packages. Thanks again for your help. You all do great work on this program.
    Lynn

this is exactly the issue I am having. The packages show in Installed packages in the File menu, but when I click on Stickers, for example, I cannot see the package in presets. It is the Mosaics http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ghlight=mosaic
    and the fur stickers http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ht=fur+package

These resources look stunning - if only I could access them!! Hope you can help.
    My personal blog Slices of my life.

same here.

I downloaded the new mosaic stickers/presets from Boxy (--> see this thread, they are awesome!!) which came as a regular .arpack file, they didn't show in AR4. trying to reinstall and repair didn't work either.

I then did a search on my computer and I found the .stk files in the folder C:\User\<my name>\My Documents\ArtRage Paintings\Custom Content\Stickers - which is wrong I guess

the .prs files were where they belong, in C:\User\<my name>\App Data\Roaming\Ambient Design\Art Rage\Resources\Tool Presets\Stickerspray

[click to enlarge]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	130213_mosaic stickers.PNG 
Views:	109 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	73147
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

Thanks for the info everyone.

The stk files are in the correct place, it's the prs ( preset files ) which aren't going to the right place.

We use Documents\ArtRage Paintings\Custom Content\Tool Presets\<Tool name> now in ArtRage 4 instead of the Application data folder.

I've noted down the details for this after into it here, and we'll be putting an update out soon to fix this. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Fixed this one internally, so it will be wrapped in to the 4.0.1 update we're preparing. Thanks for the rapid reports!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks Matt! Whew! I thought I was a great big numpty as we say in Scotland!
    My personal blog Slices of my life.

none of my preset arpacks will install either, and there are several kinds.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/