ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Samsung ATIV 500t running Win8 activation problem

Samsung ATIV 500t running Win8 activation problem

A weird problem has developed on my ATIV. Everytime I close and re-open Artrage, I have to re-enter the activation code.
    I've had the ATIV since mid Dec and it worked fine, it just started doing this the last couple of weeks. I dont know if it's a problem in Win8 or if there is a problem with Artrage.

What this indicates is that either there is a permissions problem so Windows is not allowing the serial number to be added to your system registry or that another application is removing it.

You can most likely solve the problem by launching ArtRage as an administrator, then entering the serial number.

1/ Switch to the Metro Start screen and start typing the programís name to see your program under Applications list.
    2/ Right-click on the program name to see Advanced options.
    3/ Click on Advanced and then select Run as administrator option.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

That appears to have worked, Woohoo!!

Great to hear that solved it! By the way, can you think of anything which may have changed on your system around the time or just before it started happening? ( new software installed, Windows update ). Don't worry if nothing springs to mind.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Not off-hand, I mostly just been working on a long running project. There may have been an automatic update, I'd need to check the update list.
    Aside from this one incident, I havent had any trouble with the system beyond Internet explorer not working...and the copy of GIMP I have not recognizing ANY image files