ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The upcoming electoral storm

Red face The upcoming electoral storm

Hi dear all!
    We're about to have general political (and many local administration) elections in little more than a month from now.
    Everybody's moving, campaigning etc. and this time we have a more varied, picturesque and grotesque show than we usually have also for our standards (which, since ever, takes us far apart from all other comparable democratic countries).
    I'm therefore having much fun with my family and friends whipping the political characters around.
    I apologize they're national ones and nobody would know them, apart our internationally renown (politician or comedian?) Silvio Berlusconi, but after all politics in any country is by far a local matter, since just a bunch of them are internationally known or care far beyond their nose and their electors.
    Therefore I won't try to explain the "underground" (which would take a small book) and translate the words, I would just introduce You these guys drawings carried out in a quite speedy way thanks to Artrage pencil and two or three pencil custom settings which made me draw these vignettes in a most efficient way and effectively enough not to really need too care or detail touches etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elezioni2013-1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	268.1 KB 
ID:	72447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elezioni2013-2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	210.9 KB 
ID:	72448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elezioni2013-3.jpg 
Size:	290.8 KB 
ID:	72449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elezioni2013-4.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	392.2 KB 
ID:	72450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frattaglie d'Italia.jpg 
Size:	303.2 KB 
ID:	72451  

Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One If in doubt Look in MY eyes ...... you'll see A man who you can Trust .......STATTE BBONE Si Si
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Look into my eyes.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	72454  

LOL! Dear ATPlus the old. Actually he doesn't look like Cameron so .... is he Chamberlain perhaps? (or maybe De Gaulle?)LOL

...........tut tut Caesar a conman, they call themselves Politicians nowadays

I like the sketches Caesar, very well done.
    Geoff

They're great Caesar! So much character in the faces. I only recognise Berlusconi, and he's terrific. Good job!

Brilliant drawings, but everything's misspelled.

Yeah, Caesar, you are a cartoonist at heart. You think in those terms, every bit. You draw fast, from your imagination (unless a portrait I assume), you are a thinker, you have a wry and sometimes broad sense of humor, and you have a bit of the picador in you. Bravo.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Always a blast Cesare, even though I am unable to understand the words, the drawings are hilarious. What a talent!

Dear ATPlus, it looks like a most relevant issue for politicians over there is to either keep or go out of Europe, with a referendum maybe.
    So You're possibly waiting for the next accelerated continental drift departure to leave, as soon as You have sawed Northern Ireland to follow your archipelago ... LOL

Thank You, dear Geoff! My creativity is a little dry recently while political event makes us all angry and frustrated, but gives also plenty of reasons to laugh, get amused and use irony or sarcasm, so ...

Dear Copespeak, Berlusconi is re-founding the threatre of absurd in these days. His past performance and gags don't match those of these days. Here he's imitating a past, most loved and unique comedian and comic actor we had in Italy in the 50ies and 60ies, Antonio De Curtis, alias Totò. If it weren't for the language barrier, an excessive commercial use of his surprising form of wit and word playing, he would rank among the best, like Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Stan and Ollie, Jacques Tati or Peter Sellers.
    Thank You.

Thank You, dear D Akey! I would fully subscribe all that You say. Anytime I have some creativity crisis or lack of some sudden passion for this or that other master, I retreat into drawing and my somehow peculiar form of humor. So they're not portraits, although I reviewed pictures of them to check on characteristic features grabbing, a little more the physical and psychological masks I see them wearing perhaps.

Dear Sandra, unfortunately vignette words alone, even translated better than with google, cannot explain and amuse, but partially, so I didn't want to be tedious with long explanations and left to drawing the transmission of the visula part of my humor. Thank You!
    Last edited by Caesar; 01-26-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Great sketch! ¶