ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Playing again!

Playing again!

I have no pretensions of being an abstract artist, but playing around with colour and the tools, and working with layers, is fun. I thought I'd like my new pals here in the forum to see what I have been up to. Maybe more representational stuff will come as I get familiar with Artrage and gain confidence .
    this one doesn't have a title. But the word trapped comes to mind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	343.1 KB 
ID:	72437  

Thats a great background, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thanksfor your gracious encouragement coops. I'm just a newbie - at art of any sort. Just like a kid having fun! In Artrage I can't make a mess, stain the carpet or ruin equipment. A wonderful world to learn in.
    I need to let my mind release all preconceptions. The thread with the children's work on is a real revelation and inspiration to me.
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...t=children%27s

Scrolling through it I can see genuine creativity and originality. It's not often a "responsible" 64 year old like me gets the chance to be a big kid again!!

Interesting! I really like the red triangle. Maybe go back in and define it a bit more, so the edges don't merge so softly with the verticals. Maybe put a bit of darker red shadow where it goes behind, so it truly gives a three dimensional feel? It would be easy to do, just get your selection tool and select where you want it darker and 'adjust layer colours'.

Just suggestions! It's great as it is, and keep playing!

Playing with depth. The overlap works out nice to so that.

Other than the triangle, this sort of reminds me of some of me mum's furniture from the late 50s-60s with the colors and stripes.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you for your kind suggestions, copespeak. I'll try what you suggest.
    D.akey, that comment about the furniture made me smile. I remember that stuff, now you mention it!