ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: iPad Artrage usage of storage

iPad Artrage usage of storage

Hi, I have been having an unusual problem . The MB's keep going up every time I paint a painting even though I am not storing them in the Artrage gallery. The only way I can get them to go down is to uninstall Artrage and then reinstall the app. Probably would not have noticed it so much if I had not had a problem downloading a movie from iTunes . It goes up in the hundreds and as I said just doesn't go down. Any thoughts? Thanks, Marilyn Anne

Undo information is stored on the iPad as well as a temporary version of your painting. As you paint, more data will be stored. This means that every time you make a stroke on the canvas or perform an action it is saved. Larger paintings or paintings with more operations in them will take up more temporary space. However, if you're not storing them, this space should be capped based on the most complex painting you've created. if you are recording your actions by turning on recording when you create your paintings, this will take additional space as well, but will also only be based on your current painting if no painting is stored, so should not just get larger and larger.

However, if you are painting, then just clearing the canvas and painting again to create a new painting, storage space will continue to be used and will not be cleared. This is because you're still on the same painting ( you're just adding more information to it ) and can undo right back to the original painting you created. Instead of doing this, if you don't want to keep a painting, tap the gallery button, choose not to save, then tap 'new painting' from the gallery to start a new painting. I suspect this is the cause for what you're seeing.

I hope this helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you

I guess I have been just using the delete button in the gallery to clear the painting and then just starting a new one. I have noticed that sometimes when I open Artrage I get a blank canvas and have to use don't save to get rid of it. Then I start the new painting. This is a recent development but even when I reinstall the Artrage app it still will do that. Sometimes of course it opens to my deleted last painting. I have always thought that was a nice feature as it gives me a second chance to decide to keep or delete. The program is so amazing. It is hard to believe that I have done literally hundreds of paintings with it. Well I will try to do as you have suggested and we will see. Thank you for the help. Marilyn