ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Free stuff from Adobe

Free stuff from Adobe

Havenīt been posting here for a bit, but I came across this and thought it might be of interest to some of you. Apparently itīs for those of us with older Mac/Windows systems.

Download Adobe Creative Suite 2, Including Photoshop and Illustrator, for Free
    BEST OF TECHNOLOGY | 7 DE ENERO DE 2013
    http://pulse.me/s/h1pkZ

Take care.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Actually, these are not free. They are posted for the current customers to be able to continue use for a reinstall. Adobe had an Issue with its activation server and posted this info for them. They can not be activated or updated unless you previously purchased them 7 years ago, that's how old they are CS2. They were not meant as free programs. They work only for 30 days without activation/registration. They are also meant for older machines and OS.

Like Bobby Ray has stated, apparently it's actually intended for those who already own CS2 and have a valid serial number, they are taking down the CS2 reactivation servers, but it has caused quite a viral stir all the same.

There is a two page thread on this at the adobe forums (I can't post links yet, just delete the spaces):
    forums. adobe. com/thread /1130893?start=40&tstart=0

"Effective December 13, Adobe disabled the activation server for CS2 products and Acrobat 7 because of a technical glitch. These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers. While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers."

adobe. com/ downloads/ cs2_downloads/index. html

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyray View Post
    Actually, these are not free. They are posted for the current customers to be able to continue use for a reinstall. Adobe had an Issue with its activation server and posted this info for them. They can not be activated or updated unless you previously purchased them 7 years ago, that's how old they are CS2. They were not meant as free programs. They work only for 30 days without activation/registration. They are also meant for older machines and OS.
    I heard about this from a friend and grabbed a lot of stuff. It all activated just fine, shows as registered to me. I've installed a lot of it on 5 of my 6 computers and all of it registered and activated just fine.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/13/01...tm_medium=feed
    This article explains the faux pas.
    Incidentally, the activate button is greyed out and can't be used, nor can the transfer activation button.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Ah yes darn it...and it will self destruct in 30 days......lol play quickly......times a wastin away.