ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is real?

What is real?

Not sure if I like this one. Keep or dump?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reality.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	235.3 KB 
ID:	72088

Disturbing...fascinating...original...intriguing.. .KEEP!

Quote Originally Posted by grayflo View Post
    Disturbing...fascinating...original...intriguing.. .KEEP!
    Twilight Zone ish for sure.

I like it! If big and on a wall in an office for example, it would look good!
    I would get rid of the white rectangle at the top left and make it a darker color. Unless it is your point of interest? I doubt if it is however.
    Good job.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Quote Originally Posted by jibes View Post
    I like it! If big and on a wall in an office for example, it would look good!
    I would get rid of the white rectangle at the top left and make it a darker color. Unless it is your point of interest? I doubt if it is however.
    Good job.
    The intent of the white was to allow it, if big on a wall to look like the painting ended and the wall shown behind the rings that extended past the painting. The lines of the canvas was not enough to hold the chaos in check so it ventured off the page and onto the wall.

Keep or dump is always the question I suppose. I have hung on to my experiments just to have record of them. But whether to make a feature of them, like printing and hanging it up on my wall, that would depend on what it meant to me as the artist.

I think doing something new needs a context of several in the style to have any particular meaning. One isolated painting that you never do anything like it again could be all that it is and that's that. If you like the look, cool. But it's more for the experience of doing it. Time will tell if it has any meaning to you and it will evolve into something of a style which will be more meaningful perhaps.

It's fine so far as it goes. Looks fun to have done. But you may want to wait and see what it leads to rather than contemplate it's merits as an end point. To me, in a manner of speaking, it's another shape for a question mark. Intriguing question. But where does it go from here. That's not a question for the mind to project. It's one that get's answered in hindsight.

You will find yourself doing lots of these kinds of things and you will move on from there. The big pitfall is to get dazzled by little happy moments. They have their place. But don't settle in like you've hit a plateau. Keep going.

I think the principles you have employed could lead to many things, but I wouldn't know what those things might be. That's your dance. And these kinds of things are little joys for us.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

shadowslake,
    "What is real" is AMPLIFIED! It oscillates with exuberant energy.
    An excellent piece!
    Mairzie Dotes

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Keep or dump is always the question I suppose. I have hung on to my experiments just to have record of them. But whether to make a feature of them, like printing and hanging it up on my wall, that would depend on what it meant to me as the artist.

I think doing something new needs a context of several in the style to have any particular meaning. One isolated painting that you never do anything like it again could be all that it is and that's that. If you like the look, cool. But it's more for the experience of doing it. Time will tell if it has any meaning to you and it will evolve into something of a style which will be more meaningful perhaps.

It's fine so far as it goes. Looks fun to have done. But you may want to wait and see what it leads to rather than contemplate it's merits as an end point. To me, in a manner of speaking, it's another shape for a question mark. Intriguing question. But where does it go from here. That's not a question for the mind to project. It's one that get's answered in hindsight.

You will find yourself doing lots of these kinds of things and you will move on from there. The big pitfall is to get dazzled by little happy moments. They have their place. But don't settle in like you've hit a plateau. Keep going.

I think the principles you have employed could lead to many things, but I wouldn't know what those things might be. That's your dance. And these kinds of things are little joys for us.

I keep everything. I use this forum kinda as a gauge weather it is good enough to post on my webpage. I live learn and grow through pratice and experamentation. I have had no study to guide me other than my own searching.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Cool...

Happy you liked it.