ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFO over USVI

Question UFO over USVI

haha not really, just kidding! I created this entire scene. The 3d object (UFO) was sculpted in Sculptris and the background scene is a photograph. This is sooo easy to do. Lotsa fun too. I am getting a lot better now with the UFO creations but still a long way to go to get the one I want to use. Learning is fun but it is so easy to get sidetracked in design. This one I call "Space Bus" for the future Mars Base station, a personnel transport. It can carry 1000 people. What you ask, is the power source? Anti-gravity and plasma pulse. It is a 7 month trip.

Happy New Year to All
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UFO10.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	342.8 KB 
ID:	71933  

Is this a tribute to the movie Flight of the navigator?

bobbyray... I an usually not a big fan of space art ( my loss ) but this is really nicely realized with the gleaming sculpted form and the slightly blurred night landscape... really a nice one.. that 3D quality really adds here..

Well, not that one but this one is.

Glad you enjoyed it........... such fun to do. This is a great learning experience to learn how to do chrome.

Name:	UFO11.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	203.1 KB 
ID:	71937  

Would love to see a vid of how you do this. Love it.

Thumbs up

Shadowslake,

Thanks for that.... A video? Humm I am working on a short 3d movie. At the moment my program that will do that is unavailable...I will see what I can do and let you know then....

Do you use Sculptris? Are you wanting to learn it? Q? bobbyray@artrageus.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyray View Post
    Shadowslake,

Thanks for that.... A video? Humm I am working on a short 3d movie. At the moment my program that will do that is unavailable...I will see what I can do and let you know then....

Do you use Sculptris? Are you wanting to learn it? Q? bobbyray@artrageus.net
    I want to learn everything but it is like eating an elephant. One bite at a time.

Annnnnnd this one is "the PURSUIT"........military in pursuit of a UFO......the chase is on.

Name:	Pursuit.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	350.6 KB 
ID:	71966  

Bobbyray,
    Excellent metallic work on these UFO's. Stand out sci-fi
    pieces they are. I wouldn't mind being beamed up for a
    lofty spin in those shimmery flights of fancy and ... do
    they take reservations?
    Mairzie Dotes

Question

There is actually a new mission to Mars in progress by a private group. It is a one way ticket. No return. That is true. They are not waiting for NASA or any other slow to go groups to do this. The mission? Colonize Mars. They seek volunteers to do this. Applications are now being taken for anyone interested.

There’s an old joke about sending someone you hate on a one-way trip to Mars. Now, a Dutch entrepreneur has formed a company around this concept -- and it’s no joke. Bas Lansdorp, the 35-year-old founder of Mars One, told FoxNews.com his company is serious about a one-way mission. The company will hold a worldwide lottery next year to select 40 people for a training team. They will then set up a mock colony in the desert, possibly somewhere in the U.S., for three months. This initial team will be reduced to ten crew members. They will then be sent to Mars, never again to return.

“We will send humans to Mars in 2023,” he told FoxNews.com. “They will live there the rest of their lives. There will be a habitat waiting for them, and we’ll start sending four people every two years.”