ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage and Macbook Pro

Artrage and Macbook Pro

Does anybody know if Artrage Studio Pro 3.5 is compatible with Macbook Pro? I tried downloading it and using it but the paintbrush and actual painting time doesn't match, if anybody knows what I mean. Can anybody please give me suggestions? Do I need a new tablet? This is actually for my daughter to use and I'm trying to figure out why it's like that. Thanks!

Hi annaleewong,
    Do you mean that the paint stroke is lagging behind the cursor some?
    I use ARP3.5 on a 2.6GHz i7 Macbook Pro OS10.6.8 with an Intus4 tablet & a second screen.
    Some small lag, in my experience, is normal in using AR. But you get into a sort of rhythm of work after awhile and stop noticing it.
    Many things however can effect how bad the lag is. For example; painting dimensions, high dpi for the painting, brush size, brush type, the rapidity of applying the brush strokes etc all can affect that real time feeling of painting.
    Also, if your using one, is your tablet's driver up to date?

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hi annaleewong,
    Do you mean that the paint stroke is lagging behind the cursor some?
    I use ARP3.5 on a 2.6GHz i7 Macbook Pro OS10.6.8 with an Intus4 tablet & a second screen.
    Some small lag, in my experience, is normal in using AR. But you get into a sort of rhythm of work after awhile and stop noticing it.
    Many things however can effect how bad the lag is. For example; painting dimensions, high dpi for the painting, brush size, brush type, the rapidity of applying the brush strokes etc all can affect that real time feeling of painting.
    Also, if your using one, is your tablet's driver up to date?
    Dumb question. How can I tell if my tablet's driver is up to date? Please remember, this is my daughter's stuff. I'm just asking. . I got her the Wacom Bamboo Pen. Model # CTL-460. Thanks.

I don't have the Bamboo but attached is how to find the driver number for the Intuos4 and hopefully Wacom use the same method for the Bamboo. So I hope this helps!
    You can get the latest drivers from Wacom from their site here; http://www.wacom.eu/index2.asp?pid=29
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wacom Preferences.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	70893  

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    I don't have the Bamboo but attached is how to find the driver number for the Intuos4 and hopefully Wacom use the same method for the Bamboo. So I hope this helps!
    You can get the latest drivers from Wacom from their site here; http://www.wacom.eu/index2.asp?pid=29
    Thank you very much!