ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first drawing: Tiger

My first drawing: Tiger

Hi All

I'm new here and I just bought a Bamboo tablet with the Art Rage software. I'm trying many things in my drawing like colors and how to draw, I hope I'll find my style soon...

BR,
    -jp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiger large.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	385.5 KB 
ID:	70217  

Very strong !

Welcome to the forums! I think you are off to a good start. I too, still finding my way. Great group, great program! Look forward to seeing more.

4. If this is your first drawing then, congratulation.

Hi

Thanks for your comments! Yes, this is my first color drawing but I have also some pencil drawing experience (less than five drawings). I quess it was easier for me to start to draw with the bamboo tablet and "pen". I started to draw the tiger first and there you can see my pencil style. I think I had better version of the tiger but I was so stupid and I didn't save it to other file name/version. I'm going to order real canvas print of this one when I'm finished :-) The next drawing will be very interesting, I'll try to draw something very different. That's why I need to order real canvas print of this one to see what kind of potential is in the Art Rage software. Looks good so far...

-jp

Hello and welcome to our forum, your tiger is very good and i certainly look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.
    Geoff

Katsunami Guest
    This looks great.

This is not a drawing or painting of a beginner. I hope you mean "My first drawing with a tablet", or "My first drawing with ArtRage". If this is how a first drawing should look like, then you're either a natural genius, or I'm an idiot (with regard to drawing).

Talking

I finished my drawing. Kind of fail but I can't do better this time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiger.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	428.9 KB 
ID:	70687  

A really lovely work. My only minor criticism if you are going to print on canvas and look at it for many years.... the tiger's mouth and nose seems to be skewed across to the right. Maybe check your reference and change a little. Often I can go away thinking something's fine, then come back to look again and a fault is very obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    A really lovely work. My only minor criticism if you are going to print on canvas and look at it for many years.... the tiger's mouth and nose seems to be skewed across to the right. Maybe check your reference and change a little. Often I can go away thinking something's fine, then come back to look again and a fault is very obvious.
    Thanks, I'll check it...