ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Linda Darnell..

Linda Darnell..

She was an American actress in the 1940's...hope you like her..thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linda darnell2.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	302.3 KB 
ID:	69948  

Cool. This is merely my opinion, but I believe that even when you are doing women that are not with large breasts, it is always important to give them a stylized roundness, unless you are making a point of them being flat. Just make them round but smaller. It's a caricature and you can take license. She was not Dolly Parton, but not flat though.

I'm of the opinion that beautiful women should be given their due, unless the artist wants to be mean. Some caricaturists are brutal, and since I don't like their vision, I tend not to spend time looking through the filter of their stuff. Anyway, that's my 2 cents about caricature in general.

Her face is pretty cool. I assume that image is from a character she was playing? The caricature has merit in your stylization. Overall you're working it nicely.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi D Akey, thanks for taking the time to comment.I agree with your comments about the size and shape of ladies breasts but in this case I made a point of showing virtually none at all as I wanted to elongate the whole picture..long head, long neck and long body...all without losing the likeness of her.
    Whilst I like to try and caricature the people I draw ,i dont like extreme caricature as i think a lot of them lose the likeness of the subject, mine ,I hope, are a cross between a mild caricature and a portrait..I've done the same with this one of Maggie Cheung an actress from Hong Kong...hope you like it..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maggie cheung2.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	303.8 KB 
ID:	69952  

These are soooooo good Jon love seeing them
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank you very much coops,your comments are always appreciated..

Always such a pleasure to view Jon, really love the Maggie

Your style got more sophisticated but it didn't lose effectiveness and a spontaneous feel!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I really like your work. They have a lot of character :-)
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

pat1940,Caesar and GRSArts many thanks indeed for your kind comments which are appreciated...