ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pan Scroll Reversing On Wacom

Pan Scroll Reversing On Wacom

Is there a way to change the direction of Pan/Scroll when using Art Rage with a Wacom 4 Intuos tablet? It's driving me nuts. I pull down and everything goes up. I am, I suppose use to pulling the pen down and having the work move down. It's like the stick in my fight simulator is backwards. Thx.
    ~m

Not sure I fully understand what you are saying but I have an Intuos4 as well. I have the following settings which work well for me in adjusting the canvas as I work;

Zoom In/Out = Touch Ring, top position.
    Rotate Canvas = Touch Ring, bottom position
    To move the canvas around on the screen = Forward pen button is set to 'Right Click'. Hover pen nib above the tablet and hold down forward pen button which lets you drag the canvas around.

I hope this is of help to you.

I'm not sure I fully understand what's happening for you either. If the problem is the scroll wheel controls the movement of the canvas, rather then the zooming, you can change it in the Preferences, under the Input Device group (see screen shot). When I have the option set to move my canvas up or down, and I move my scroll wheel down, the canvas is pushed down, just as it does in Photoshop. If it's not working that way, there may be a bug.

Name:  inut.png
Views: 4061
Size:  144.3 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Unhappy this is a HUGE problem!!!!

They had this right on 3.5. Heck they even translate scrolling on the trackpad correctly!!

Whats not to get??????

In ArtRage PRO 3.5, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 tablet and move my hand to the left... the paper moves with my fingers to the LEFT
    In ArtRage PRO 3.5, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 tablet and move my hand to the right... the paper moves with my fingers to the RIGHT
    In ArtRage PRO 3.5, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 tablet and move my hand to the up... the paper moves with my fingers UP
    In ArtRage PRO 3.5, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 tablet and move my hand to the down... the paper moves with my fingers DOWN

In Art Rage 4.01, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 touch tablet and move my hand to the left... the paper moves AGAINST my fingers to the RIGHT
    In Art Rage 4.01, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 touch tablet and move my hand to the right... the paper moved AGAINST my fingers to the LEFT
    In Art Rage 4.01, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 touch tablet and move my hand to the up... the paper moved AGAINST my fingers DOWN
    In Art Rage 4.01, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 touch tablet and move my hand to the down... the paper moved AGAINST my fingers UP

(as a side note.. this also works correctly in Sketchbook Pro. not to mention 4.01 is considerably slower. If not fixed i will ask for a refund and buy sketchbook!!!)

BTW... how do you get this wrong but get rotation with touch correct??????
    Last edited by sastian; 02-21-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sastian View Post
    They had this right on 3.5. Heck they even translate scrolling on the trackpad correctly!!

Whats not to get??????

In ArtRage PRO 3.5, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 tablet and move my hand to the left... the paper moves with my fingers to the LEFT
    In ArtRage PRO 3.5, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 tablet and move my hand to the right... the paper moves with my fingers to the RIGHT
    In ArtRage PRO 3.5, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 tablet and move my hand to the up... the paper moves with my fingers UP
    In ArtRage PRO 3.5, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 tablet and move my hand to the down... the paper moves with my fingers DOWN

In Art Rage 4.01, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 touch tablet and move my hand to the left... the paper moves AGAINST my fingers to the RIGHT
    In Art Rage 4.01, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 touch tablet and move my hand to the right... the paper moved AGAINST my fingers to the LEFT
    In Art Rage 4.01, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 touch tablet and move my hand to the up... the paper moved AGAINST my fingers DOWN
    In Art Rage 4.01, when I put two fingers on my Intuos5 touch tablet and move my hand to the down... the paper moved AGAINST my fingers UP

(as a side note.. this also works correctly in Sketchbook Pro. not to mention 4.01 is considerably slower. If not fixed i will ask for a refund and buy sketchbook!!!)

BTW... how do you get this wrong but get rotation with touch correct??????
    Have you tried the options I posted above?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Lightbulb Work around...

Looks like this is because the scrolling is tied to the OS scrolling!
    (don't get me started on my hatred of OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion vs 10.6 Snow Leopard)

open prefs and switch back to scroll direction : "natural" Of course the downside to this is ALL OTHER SCROLLING IN ALL OTHER APPS is "NATURAL" which is backwards to my entire life's experience with computer track pads...

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 9.32.20 PM.png
Views: 3947
Size:  256.2 KB

The guys at art rage REALLY NEED TO MAKE THIS AN APPLICATION OPTION!!!!!
    (oh and speed the app up!)

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Have you tried the options I posted above?

yeah, your not getting it.. i found the issue. its not a bug its just a change that really unwelcome for those of us apple users who dont take change easily. basically it needs to be an option.

ht tp://www.tuaw.c om/2011/07/21/poll-lions-natural-scrolling-vs-reverse-scrolling/
    Last edited by sastian; 02-21-2013 at 04:48 PM.

UGH, only half a work-around

actually, just fountd that it fixes scrolling on the trackpad... but NOT on the Wacom.. so still BAD!

The reason there's a difference between 3 and 4 is that 4 uses the current Cocoa standard for applications while 3 uses the older and rapidly deprecating Carbon standard. When we rewrote the Mac backbone to support the current standard some elements of support for input changed. What we've done is aim to work with the default system (which appears to be working when I use devices like the Magic trackpad for scrolling).

The rotational speed difference is something we're looking in to currently though it seems to vary with OS so it might relate to the messages we're being sent. When we shifted to Cocoa the gearing of input events changed, and we adapted to support them at the new level. This means that using the Magic Mouse to zoom (Cmd + Drag up and down on the mouse surface) is geared correctly but it looks like the Wacom tablet system may be geared differently.

I've just been using a Wacom tablet with touch and it's scrolling correctly. The tablet driver was set to Natural scroll by default so it looks like that might be Wacom's expected configuration. We'll consider putting in some options to allow directional flipping and potentially gearing adjustment.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Unhappy Ill try and check my settings

Ill try and check my settings, but if your correct your insisting everyone adopt natural scrolling across their entire computer in order to use your program. that's just inconsiderate. I will be asking for a refund if this is not changed. and i will stop using and promoting your your product in all of current projects.

https://www.facebook.com/sasscandraw

https://www.facebook.com/JonandClementine

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chron...08720902579828