ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Album leaf: Magpie

Album leaf: Magpie

... and blossoms ... AR iPhone oil brush, iPad w/c and various tools for blending ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Expertly done and on an iPhone as well, very impressive!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

... the iPhone as an extension of my hand records the psychic thumbprint later developed into a design and then a painting ...
    Artrage Gallery

oh WOW.... I love the colors and mix of soft blending and sharp edges, white and black...a bit different that most of your previous works but still retains the essence of your style and colors.. I would love this as a 24" print.. I could have many hours looking at it rich and subtle color harmonies.

Very impressive chinapete, really like this

... pat, thanks, you've been busy recently ... gary, scale is very important, and if you think it will play large, that's great ... truth be told, if I'd done this with traditional materials, say in oils, I would have chosen a larger rather than smaller canvas ... as it was, I had to resist thinking small as I worked it out on the iPhone and later on the iPad ... after it was done, the "bleeding" made me think of Frankenthaler, and she usually worked large ... but I wasn't going for the "thinned-out oil on raw canvas" effect, instead I was trying for ink on paper, and at the same time experimenting with different depths for black ...
    Artrage Gallery

It's rather difficult to make out, but from what I can see, you painted a magpie vampire who is sucking the life blood out of his bird victim, and a frightfully sloppy eater he is too.

Very Dra- Cool and unusual, Pete.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

haha, D Akey, I think I know which avatar is commenting ...

... there's room for a thread in the discussion area, something on the ways in which modern art dissolves into a kind of rorschach test, revealing as much about the audience as the artwork itself ... in the labyrinth of associations loosely called my mind, as I read your description I thought of Turner's "Slavers," a painting that agitated virtually the entire viewing public of his time, including our very own Mark Twain ... One report described it as "a tortoise-shell cat having a fit in a platter of tomatoes" ...
    Artrage Gallery