ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Rocks

High Rocks

been awhile since I have had time to sit and paint/compose... High Rocks is the name of an area near Portland where the Clackamas river flows near some high rock used by the local to dive / jump into the icy water on hot days...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HighRocks.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	489.5 KB 
ID:	67252  

gary you've come back in fine form, haven't missed a beat
    but don't go leaping in, the air temps about the clackamas are still a bit chilly ...
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Love all the squiggles

Like the thoughts and the colors.

Gary, I missed your paintings and am so glad to see that you have started back again, hope your little puppy is coming along with the training, love this piece you have done

You're still on track along Your gorgeous style, but You seem to have added once again further dimensions to Your artistic space-time! Fantastic one!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

My experience was not so much of that place, but more around Lebnon, OR -- jumped in several ponds there one long ago summer.

I thought perhaps you had decided you wanted to spend your creative energies elsewhere. Glad to see you're still around here. Missed your work as well.

This is up up scratch. You are doing great. Can't say I have another impression beyond the artistic marks arranged on the canvas in an intriguing and pleasant manner. That is to say, I don't know the place you're painting, and the visuals don't seem to be a strict recognizable depiction of a place in any case (though it may be to others). To me it's all about the visuals and the title spins it to a theme. There is no need for any of those things being a criteria. It can be simply a visual jumping off point creatively, so to speak. And therein is at least one point of contact for me.

This is not a criticism. I'm rather observing my own reaction to it.

Visually it's really appealing. And that's enough. And when there's more, it further speaks of the artists voice.

Welcome back.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

chinapete - thanks mate glad you find this appealing, yes the Clackamas river is running about 47degrees F. a little to numbing for swimming right now.

Marilyn Anne, Pat, Sandy and Caesar, so great to have you guys stop by and leave such gracious and supportive comments...I am finding that having a 14week old puppy requires as much attention as a 2yr old. they require CONSTANT supervision... but such fun and a sweet dog...

D Akey - so great to get your comments, and great to have a little time to push my creative envelop a bit... starting to feel a bit rusty.. but hopefully I will managed to work in more...

even without the title or explanation I really felt the aerial perspective as if looking down from those cliffs into a patchwork landscape... really beautiful exploration and motivation.

Lovely painting Gary! Great design, great colors and textures. Kinda looks like a pussy cat leap.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes