ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage under Linux: Working perfect, with tablet support!

Gallery
    View images

Artrage under Linux: Working perfect, with tablet support!

Hi, I post here not for a simplem suggestion but for a real matter:

Artrage works perfectly under Linux, no bugs, full pressure support with my Wacom Intuos A4 Oversize Tablet and everything right going on.

To run Artrage under Linux I just used Wine (Wine= Wine is not an emulator), works out of the box.

The point is: I use Ubuntu 6.10 the Edgy Eft but I allready knew artrage worked perfectly with Ubuntu Dapper Drake (Previous release) and Linspire / Freespire. Why don't you write this information on the main / download page? At least open a testing session.

There's no real painting program for Linux, as for today. If someone was thinking about answering: The Gimp, please, stop joking

ArtRage is wonderfull and it works perfectly not only on Mac and Windows but under Linux tooooooo! Wine is free and open software, so, you could even include in your site a Linux version of Artrage based on Wine, the same thing that google did for they're Picasa! There's no programming skill needed to do something like that, little time would be spent and, I think, with the right suggestions from friends, a very great numer of Linux users would use Art Rage! Please, let me know what do you think about this. It really is a big point in my opinion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	schermata_3_487.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	5096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	schermata_1_180.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	5097  

Gallery
    View images
    Yes, ArtRage does run on Linux under Wine. There is a thread in the technical forum "Linux something". I am happy to see that you was able to get it to run. I would like to suggest that somebody submit it to http://www.winehq.com/ under thier AppDB. I think by doing so and getting a screenshot of the front page would bring more exposure to ArtRage on Wine.

Mouse

Gallery
    View images
    Mouse, mission partially completed, look at this post that I created by mistake:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...?p=33861#33861

Now let's hope Andy will put a simple link and advice on the site.... I'd love him for this

Gallery
    View images
    Why would one install WMP and MS Office on Ubuntu? :|

Gallery
    View images

MSO and WMP on Ubuntu

This is out of topic.... for the very same reason why one would install ArtRage 2 on Ubuntu. There are some windows software that pros can't avoid using.

WMP is there because it is free (Not Open) and because I have some problems running wmv or wma files in Totem and co, sometimes.

MSO is there simply because I receive a lot of .doc documents with complex layouts that OpenOffice cannot open with a decent compatibility. Sad to say, if you open a complex enough .doc file under OO.org, it won't look as it should under MSO. That's all. Work problems!

As for me, I allways use Open Source software if I can avoid using anything else... but, you see, AR2, MSO and PSP or Photoshop are some of the Programs I really can't avoid using, for now... The Gimp isn't srtong enough till now, too. That's all, don't be sad about it if it can make you happier, all of my proprietary software are oriinal and registered, no piracy on my Ubuntu.

Gallery
    View images

ArtRage on Wine Screenshots

DarkMaster,

I too had considered becoming a super maintianer for ArtRage on Wine. May I suggest that for the screenshot we rally the troops and look for a complted or partially completed art that is a good example of what can be accomplished in AR. I notice you had it running on Beryl, and because "eye" candy sells, having a very good piece of art would sell it well.

Yes, your screenshot is wonderful, but ... I don't want Winers to get the idea that AR is a kid's painting program and not a serious digital art program.

Mouse

Gallery
    View images
    Yes, well that's right and a good idea, indeed. Didn't think about it! I used the touchpad for that screenshot and did it only to show off the fact that AR works on Lin.... How can I use a picture by someone on the site witout violating copyright, though? I'll search the forum and ask someone if I can download and use one of they're pics. Bye bye!

Luca D.M.

P.S.: My screenshot is crap, it's not wonderfull

Gallery
    View images
    Mouse, please, make me a favour. Find a picture I can use as an example, I don't have enough time now and after looking in the forum for some minutes I didn't find anything "astonishing". I'd like to find a very nice picture, you know. Being at that point, it's better to show off I'll be waiting.

Luca D.M.