ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stickers & Stencils Buttons

Question Stickers & Stencils Buttons

In AR Studio 3.5, looking through the prefs, I don't see any obvious way to turn off these buttons on the screen.

Am I blind, or is there no way to turn them off? I'll never use them, and I would like to remove the extra space the buttons take up on the screen.

Thanks!

Yep. Go to View>scroll down to Pods> unclick Stencils and Stickers each. Voila! No onscreen buttons for them. I've done so for the Color Samples and References Pods myself, and am glad for the extra space.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Awesome, thank you. I will give that a try!

Question, Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Yep. Go to View>scroll down to Pods> unclick Stencils and Stickers each. Voila! No onscreen buttons for them. I've done so for the Color Samples and References Pods myself, and am glad for the extra space.

Steve, if I remove the pods can I still use the stickers? I'd love more room on my workspace

Thanks,

Karen M

Ps. Hi from the Art Rage Watercolor class!

another way to paint in ArtRage, that we sometimes forget, is in clear canvas mode. to use that feature just do a right click on your canvas. all your pods/palettes disappear so you can just paint. then you can bring up any pods/palettes you need when you need them by selecting them the way Steve mentioned, or another right click will make them all visible again.

Quote Originally Posted by karenmarchant View Post
    Steve, if I remove the pods can I still use the stickers? I'd love more room on my workspace
    I prefer to use shortcut keys for this. Just go to Edit > Set Keyboard Shortcuts and set up a keyboard key for the panels you'd like to be able to open quickly. Then it's just a matter of tapping the key to hide/show the panel. This is useful if you like to use the "Clear Canvas" mode that Screenpainter mentioned, because you can hide everything, then open only the panels you want to see.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Karen,
    What are you painting on? A tablet or ipad? I ask, because that's usually when real estate is an issue, but that's also when Keyboard Shortcuts can be an issue too.

Steve
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

You can also bring up the stickers panel by going to View -> Sticker Sheet Collection. Stencil collection can be found in the same menu.

Moving this to the tech support section, let us know if you need any more help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design