ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Resize painting (not resize canvas)

Gallery
    View images

Resize painting (not resize canvas)

What are the odds of seeing some sort of image resize feature in Artrage? Not a canvas resize, but an actual resizing of the current image. Sometimes I find myself working on a quick piece, so I work small, say 768x1024. Then I find I like the piece so much that I want to continue working on it, taking it to a finished piece, but I'm left without a means to up the detail significantly with the size of the canvas.

Granted, I could export to PS, resize there, and then re-import, but then I'd have to work on a different layer, since importing turns the entire image into a thick, uniform coat of paint.

That said, I'm not sure if there are any restrictions due to the way the paints and other media are handled in code, but just wanted to toss the idea out there.

Gallery
    View images
    There are two ways to resize in ArtRage 2.0 full version.
    From the 'Edit' menu:
    Rescale the Painting - Allows you to change the size of the canvas, and the work will be re-scaled to fit into the new canvas.
    Resize the Canvas - You can change the size of the canvas, but the paint stays the same. You can position the existing paint on the new canvas. So if you make it bigger, you have more room around your paint, or if you make the canvas smaller, your paint will be 'cropped' to fit.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    From the 'Edit' menu:
    Rescale the Painting
    Oh my god I'm an idiot. I've looked at that menu a dozen times, and for some reason only "Resize the Canvas" has registered in my head. Doh!
    Thanks Andy!

Gallery
    View images
    hehe.. dont worry we all do that from time to time. Afterall, there are no such thing as stupid questions... only stupid answers.