ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pencil and Resources

Pencil and Resources

Hello,

1. I started Art Rage 3.5.2 Studio Pro after 14 days of art break and now i have a pencil, which seems to be the new cursor in Art Rage.

Is there a way to remove this Pencil cursor? It is kind of annoying to draw if a big pencil is following all the time.

2. I downloaded Cartoon Inking brushes from the forum.

Then i executed the art package and wanted to install it, but there was a message saying something like

"error on installation, but the resources could be installed anyway"

Why did the installation fail, i did execute the package again and chose "repair", but I got the same error again. I got Windows 7 64 Bit

thanks!
    Last edited by Dawntide; 12-01-2011 at 05:01 AM.

It sounds like at some point the keyboard shortcut for changing the cursor type may have been hit.

Press '2' on your keyboard to change back to outline cursors, or go to Edit -> Preferences -> Cursors and choose the cursor type you want then click OK. That should set your cursor back to the default. The shortcuts for the different cursor types are 1,2 and 3. You can also change these shortcuts under Edit -> Set Keyboard Preferences.

Regarding the package file, could you let me know the exact steps you used to install it, and give me a link to the specific thread you downloaded it from ( just to make sure I'm definitely looking at the same file )?. I should be able to work it out from there for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks for help.

I downloaded it from this thread:
    Sorry can not post links with low post count, you have to copy & paste the number of the thread. It is named "Cartoon Inking brushes"

I have 2 more questions:

1. Why can't I update Art Rage Studio Pro, I've got version 3.5.2, i think there should be a newer one, but i get an error message saying that Art Rage can connect to the server, but can not download the update, because there is a problem with the update server.

2. Can i maximze Art Rage? When i use it there is the taskbar on the bottom. It is really annoying if you draw at the very bottom of your creation.

thanks!

If the application isn't able to talk to our server directly to link you to the update page you can find instructions on downloading the update here:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=35817

The Windows version currently can't hide the task bar. Using the Full Screen button on the menu bar increases the window to the largest size it will go on your system.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Okay, thank you for your help!