ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bump Blend Modes

Bump Blend Modes

Hello there.
    Is there any way to permanently set my Bump Blend Mode default to equal the [Replace] setting

I am thinking that this would apply for any new AR file and also for each new layer created within a file...

Thanks
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

There isn't a way to do that in ArtRage's settings, but what you could do is to create a painting, set the bump blend mode then duplicate the layer a few times and save it as a blank file. This would give you a file you could double click to launch ArtRage with a multi layer painting where all layers are set to 'replace' for the bump blend mode.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks
    Great idea
    and will prove very useful..

Just out of interest
    Do you have a list of default presets that each of the various Tools open up in, with a new painting
    Thanks
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

Any tool settings are saved with your painting. Tool settings are consistent between sessions of ArtRage if you close the app then relaunch it again later, unless you specifically load a painting which had different tool settings when you last saved it.

This means that the tool settings for a new painting will be what they were just prior to you creating the new painting.

Regarding initial tool defaults, I don't have a list here, but you can see the absolute default values for all tools in ArtRage by opening the tool panel and hitting the 'reset' button. This sets the tool to the default value as if you had first opened the application. I hope that's of some help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks Dave, more useful info which I do find very helpful,

Just one last question
    Why is it that when I close AR, and then reopen the app, the preset for any given tool is not highlighted, until after I choose a new preset. Initial app opening preset highlighting would be something I would welcome in some future update if it is practical to implement same. (maybe there is some other way of telling which preset is active that I dont know about?)

Quote Originally Posted by iceaxe View Post
    Initial app opening preset highlighting would be something I would welcome in some future update
    I agree. This is a reasonable request and I second it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strandy View Post
    I agree. This is a reasonable request and I second it.
    +1

This looks like it is a minor oversight, which could easily be corrected