ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error playing iPad Script on Mac

Exclamation Error playing iPad Script on Mac

I have some issues with playing back a script generetad on iPad 2.
    The painting is a standard canvas. I painted it in several sessions on about 2 days. As work was goin on time to time i tried to play back the recorded script on mac to test the final resolution. No issues with that. Later on i ended my painting and sended one more time the script to itunes.
    The script launches well as usual but about 81% it stops popping up some errors messages. I can skip some of them (i.e. Errors about binary source) letting the painting go on for some brush strokes but then it start cycling through errors (widget constructor imwidget create failed, TPn_PresetListEntryTitle, error constructing widget hierarchy, image failed to load from resources) and the playback gets stuck. At this point i have to force quit to get rid of cycling error messages.
    Previous script of the same painting works well but are incomplete. I can't figure how to solve it.
    Tried even to duplicate painting and resend it to itunes with same results.
    Playing the script back at same resolution and no speedup doesn't work.
    I am really stuck at this point and would really appreciate a quick solution since this painting was a commission going to be delivered next monday.
    Tanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by Doc_k; 11-26-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Could you send an email to support@artrage.com and we'll look in to it for you. If the script isn't too large (eg. if it's around 8Mb or less) please zip it and include it with the mail so that we can take a look at it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

The script is about 45mb. I will try sending you a download link.
    In the while i have done some experiments in order to isolate the problem. I tried to disable parts of the scripts adding comments to lines via text wrangler.
    The problem wasn't solved but i succeded in playing the first part of the script manually stopping it before it reached the stuck part, then i launched a second script with that part commented and finally merged the two resulting playback files in a new one. I am a bit confused about that because i tought that there was some wrong call in the second part of the script but it played back with no errors.
    I hope you can sort it out lookin in my script file.

The app is great and i enjoyed working on iPad, but i need to know if the playback script is a process i can rely on in order to define a painting workflow.

Thanks,
    Ivan

Download link sent. Please let me know if u got it.

I've received your script file download link and am downloading it at the moment. I'll email you back after I've played it today and taken a look at the details. Thanks for sending it!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi Dave,
    sorry to report updating to 3.5.4 didn't fix the problem

this commission is gone with the horrible fix i described above but now i am seriously worried about this workflow. I really need to know why this is happening and how could this be avoided.

i am currently running artRage studio pro 3.5.4 under osx 10.7.2 on iMac 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schermata 11-2455894 alle 20.24.53.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	408.0 KB 
ID:	62078  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Doc_k; 11-29-2011 at 08:29 AM.

We're not able to make this error message happen on both Windows and OSX Lion systems here running Studio Pro 3.5.4, they seem to play past the 80% mark without this occuring. Could you please email me ( support@artrage.com ) the exact steps you used to play the script back in as much detail as possible as well as what panels you had open at the time in case that relates to the problem? I assume that the script file you were playing is the exact same file you sent me. If not, please email the problem version of the script to me and I can attempt to duplicate it.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Ok, i am going to mail in a while all my process step by step through screenshots. I can confirm from now it's the same file we are talking about.

If possible, could you also send me your artrage.prs ( settings ) file? This file should allow me to duplicate the startup settings for your desktop version of ArtRage on a Mac here before I play back the script. You can locate artrage.prs in the following manner on OS X 10.7

-Navigate to the Macintosh Hard Drive.
    -Open the Users folder.
    -Open your user folder.
    -Press cmd + shift + G.
    -In the prompt which appears, type 'library' then click OK. This opens the library folder.
    -Open Application support, Ambient Design, ArtRage 3 and you should see the file artrage.prs

It's a little simpler in earlier versions of OSX but the user library folder is hidden from the user in OSX 10.7 so the steps above should enable you to get the file.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

No such file there.
    I have an "artrage 3" folder with contents "resource" folder and a "currentshortcuts.sck" file.
    There's also a "ArtRage Studio Pro" folder containing only "reg.inf" file.

Anywhere else to look for it?

In the while i am running the script once more to make this appen again and screenshot all the cycling errors for you.