ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Woodland Road

Woodland Road

I hope I'm not out of line here but I thought I would post my 1st sucessful painting I have done in real watercolor. I had some pretty dreadful attempts before this and some might say this is too. But I am enjoying doing this. Started with a sketch I made and used that as a ref. It's half an A size sheet so quite small. I used a very cheap set of colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woodland Road.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	356.8 KB 
ID:	61873  
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Well done, Neal, it looks good to me.

Jibes, congrats on making those real wcs work for you. I am still fighting with them

Neal you have done quite well here . I can see evidence of your hand ( ie brushstrokes ) that I have seen in AR. and the colors and composition are also translations ...very successfully put onto W/C paper.. I would suggest using high quality paints however for a couple of reasons. 1. they contain much more pigment instead of filler so they actually go further that the cheaper grades, and the colors are much richer as a result and if you produce a nice work like this it will last and not fade in a couple of years.... keep going you have the hand to do great watercolors.

I agree with Garry, only one mistake is the cheap watercolors..... other wise this work sings!!!!! Love it Jibes.

Another quantum leap in evolution of Your highly artful style, dear mate. A masterpiece!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Well done Neal, thats a fine painting and keep painting them
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Hi jibes, i love this, i could never cope with watercolour, i went to pastels and had more fun with them, great painting, look forward to more

Thanks to all who viewed my painting and to those who commented.
    I realize that cheap watercolor paints don't cut it. And I plan to get the best I can. I just bought the cheapies because I wasn't sure I would be successful or not and so went this route. I also even bought a set of Prang colors and they were only $3 a set! But they do work. I just use them for messing around on copy paper mostly. This painting was done on 140 pound wc paper. I also bought fairly good brushes. Thanks again for your comments!

P.S. If you go to jerrysartarama.com there are 800+ free art lessons that would be valuable to even the digital artist.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes