Thread: Straight lines?

Gallery
    View images

Straight lines?

Hi there. I've just purchased ArtRage, without even trying the free version first, since the price is just so great.
    I must say I love Artrage, the feel of the strokes is incredible, however..I have one question..
    Is there no way to make a straight line? Like in Photoshop/Painter where you can hold down shift, and you get a perfectly straight line. I think it is a pity if this is not possible, since ArtRage would be pretty much useless for perspective sketching. City environments and such. Maybe you did not want this feature for the paintbrush (to keep it more like real life traditional painting), but I see no reason why it should not be possible for the pen tool.

I look forward to some answers.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Kyrandian,

Thanks for the comments, and the vote of confidence! Currently ArtRage doesn't have a straight line tool, but we do take note of everyone's suggestions, good to hear what you'd like to see
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    A tool that draws straight lines doesn't seem to make sense to me in ArtRage. It may detract from the whole traditional handmade look of the program. Perhaps a virtual ruler/protractor to use in combination with the other tools would be a good solution.
    ~\/\\W//\/~

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaGeorgio
    A tool that draws straight lines doesn't seem to make sense to me in ArtRage. It may detract from the whole traditional handmade look of the program.
    I do think such a tool would be useful. Different strokes for different folks. If you don't "approve" of such a tool you need not use it.

Gallery
    View images
    Alan, this not about approval. I also think that having way to create straight lines would be extremely useful. It's just that I believe the best way to achieve these lines should be as close to "realworld" painting as possible. Thus the whole virtual ruler/protractor suggestion.
    ~\/\\W//\/~

Gallery
    View images
    Dont worry - we've had discussions here in the office about line tools, masking and the like. If/when they go into ArtRage, they will be ArtRage tools. We're not exactly sure what that means, but the goal is always to keep good workflow in a friendly easy environment.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"