ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: An Unmitigated Mess

An Unmitigated Mess

Hello all. I've been away for weeks, months I guess. I'm popping in offering up an unmitigated mess. I hope I can pop in more often soon. Best thoughts to all of you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	An Unmitigated Mess e-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	480.9 KB 
ID:	61062  
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Hi Byron welcome back after a long absence ... nice to see you working again.. I like this the colors and structure of the color shapes is quite nice.. the overlay of the shadows and the circular depressions are interesting too but between the two it is hard to know who is the actor what what is the stage... my personal preference would be to have just the colors for one painting and the shapes more dominant in another maybe by playing with blending modes and transparency a bit.... just my .02 cents worth...

Hi Gary, thanks. A busy summer and the fall an early winter look pretty full too.

I love your feedback - gives me a good chuckle. Of course you are probably right, but then, how could I name the painting "An Unmitigated Mess" if it wasn't a mess?

Truth be told, whether it works or not (and it likely doesn't), there are several intentional imbalances (you might see it in the composition), not to mention a "struggle" with shapes, color, and texture.

Then again, maybe it is just a bad painting and it was convenient to call it a mess and hope no one really noticed with an appropriate and resounding "Yeah, so why are you shoving this bit of nonsense down our throats?"

I'll will never tell.

Meanwhile, I'm so far behind with what everyone is doing. I'll have to find a full couple of days and just dive in and see all the great work coming out of our gang. I know you will have certainly turned out some marvelous visions.

Thanks again. I like your 2 cents.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 10-21-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spellling
    //

When you get right down to it, who really wants to mitigate a good mess anyway? Good to see you and you know I love the colors

Al

This abstraction feels almost like a cinematic montage with superimposed images dissolving in and out. I love it!

You have really cut a new direction for yourself, haven't you, Byron. Awesome. Again, welcome back.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Al, you're right. Good point.
    DAkey, for sure, thanks. I hope I get some time to experiment more.
    Thank you both for the warm welcome back. It's been a busy time, and I'm afraid my popping in may be brief for a while. I hope otherwise - I've missed everyone.
    //