ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Deadly Ape

Deadly Ape

One more excercise study.
    A sketch drawing and a quick painting thereof.
    Imaginary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deadly Ape Sketch.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	366.4 KB 
ID:	60292   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deadly Ape.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	441.9 KB 
ID:	60293  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very sinewy. It's very specific storytelling as the moment of the coup d'etat. So in that way it's articulate.

My only recommendation would be to consider not having your background drown the subject (the ape mostly). The handling of the masses of rock and so forth is almost identical to that of the figures. It's like listening to the radio and the signal being suddenly garbled by static.

It read much better in the vignette of just the figures because of the shapes being identifiable. And there's good stuff when I can see it.

-----
    Edit:

I glossed over it, but this drawing of just Tarzan and the Ape is really very good. Very awesome. . . You're skills in that area are really pretty darn good. Would make you one heck of a graphic novelist. All those famous Italian comic book guys -- you could be one of them in a couple years if you wanted to. One key thing that they can do is work from memory or show different angles on things for which they have photo reference.

Go CAESAR! Well done.
    Last edited by D Akey; 09-22-2011 at 08:03 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wow so action packed, it reminds me of my Tarzan comics that I still have. Excellent work Cesare.

Would not want to meet this one in a dark alley Caesar, very good work do agree with D Akey the background takes to much away from that beautiful , strong painting

what a great scene!

I actually like the coloured version better - it looks like "Tarzan" is trying to push "King Kong" back in the jungle where he came from ...

well done

A right angry looking ape Cesare and a very fine picture. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Dear D Akey, I realized immediately what You said towards the end, to late alas. Poor planning and bad idea to jump phases to achieve quicly.
    Details should be put after the tonal composition is right and gives also a perspective idea. The picture quick-fixing frenzy is often my main fault. Thank You very much for both Your comment and encouragement! I'll have to consider Your idea, although the market seems to be a little limited here.

Thank You, dear Sandra! A little olf fashion, You know, compared to today's painting and stories, but it's a way to get free form everydyas mess ...

Actually not healthy at all, dear Pat, unless You've got super-powers!
    I fully agree with You and D Akey. Thank You!

A mixed stories salad, eh, dear MSIE? Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! I think the guy must have climbed on the ape's preferred tree ...

Very impressive....reminds me of something Frank Frazetta or Joe Kubert would do... Excellent and top notch!!!!

Caesar... dramatic theme for your figurative talents... I like the painting style of the figures and the rocks. but D Akey is right as usual the background is drowning out the fine action of the figures... still much to be admired in this and I am sure your have learned a bit in the process too....

Dear Kenmo, I didn't know Joe Kubert (maybe I'm too young and and was the other side of the Atlantic with differet characters and comics authors), but You're right I was in the middle of the two (although by far at lower level). Thank You!

I sure learnt once I shouldn't be impatient and use wrong practises, dear Gary. So I'm grateful to You and D Akey as well for his keen suggestions. Thank You!