ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Her Pleasure And Another few tries

Her Pleasure And Another few tries

Oils, small frost knife, big frost knife, loaded knife, and masking tool to help with lattice.
    A woman enjoying her gardening.
    I hope you enjoy. Thanks for looking.

Here is another try-I added a little more detail to the bush, and took the collar off of her dress. Took a little contrast off of the window, lattice, and apron.
    I hope this looks better.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Alexandra; 09-21-2011 at 05:25 AM.

I like this a lot, really well painted, I admire your talent.
    Geoff

Sandy, I really love this, you did a fantastic job, absolute lovely painting, Sandy what is the masking tool

What a pleasant painting. Love it.

This is so different and so well painted Sandy. She seems very intent on doing a grand job of her garden. I like it very much
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Sandy... wow... a really beautiful painting.. I love the bright colors and flat handling of the figure. really shows your talent

A completely different one for You and a superb artpiece at first shot!
    I like it very much and You must have made an artistic trip in the late XIX century in France to borrow some style influence!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Geoff, Thank you so much, I am extremely flattered and appreciative dear mate.

Pat, Thank you dear lady.
    Down in the bottom left spot of your tool section there is a square with dots around it-click this and go into its settings. There is square, circle, freehand, straight line octagon, magic wand etc. The octagon is great for doing things like the lattice.
    I will upload a screen shot.

Thank you Jasmine. It started out a drawing of my mother. She has the most beautiful garden. My mother is a thin woman and this person ended up being much thicker, and then the hat was added, clothing...then it wasn't my mother at all-haha! A painting for a card for her perhaps though.

Thanks so much Katie. I am so pleased you liked it!

I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement dear Gary, many many thanks!

Oui, j'aime ce moment dear Cesare. I don't know why, maybe some DNA memories floating around in my blood stream.lol. Thank you, so happy that you liked this one. My mother is one of those folks that is happiest in her garden, in fact I think it is the only thing in this world that does make her happy!
    A garden with lattice, roses, and every thing one can imagine, is grown easily with her green thumb. She does wear the large hats, but is a small framed woman, unlike this one. She is careful to wear long sleeves though when in the sun, so there is some resemblance and I do think of her with this painting that is from my early morning imagination. Thanks so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is so the right direction, among the 1001 other right directions you have headed. (All good and variety teaches things where examining only one style might leave some gaps.) What a great look. I would encourage you using all the things you have going on in here in ways where they relate a little more to serve the picture. It's like a lovely old school style illustration in ways. And you are using some really cool design/patterning ideas. The head looks great, and the sleeves and hat. All very nice.

I suppose what I would say about it is that the values and emphasis could be making more sense to you and thus to us. I realize you are biting off something new and as such your attention was aimed at other things. And that would naturally settle more as you did this style more.

But the trellis is bright and contrasty, as is the window -- both emphatically grids, and draws up a comparison with each other to the slight diminishment of the woman. So the very active upper half of the pic (including her head and hat) mutes considerably the lower half. All of the stuff is very cool. It's just that the dazzle might be in the woman first. And then this and that in the garden would get emphasis slightly less than what's on her.

You have it all in place. I believe it's then just a matter of amplifying and setting back values and saturation as a way of composing your picture.

But truly, this is so cool overall. I LOVE the look.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you so much dear friend, always great CC D Akey! I will work on these issues, and will hopefully be able to correct them.
    My mother has lattice hammered here and there, so I had to do this, and no matter the condition-they are glorious. Now...to get this in a painting...
    So happy you liked it.