ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Alexander

Alexander

Heterochondria is a condition in the eyes when they are differently colored. Alexander The Great had this condition. I had the opportunity, when I lived in Chicago, to view a life sized wax statue of him. He was of small stature, around 5'3" and those eyes just blew me away. This was the basis for this artwork...........Artrage Studio Pro. TJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alexander.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	60124  

WOW, Tony this is a wonderful painting, perfect job

Was his height that off the norm for the times? To us, who grew up on far better nutrition, not to mention the growth hormones getting into cow's milk, are bigger than certainly the Dark Ages, judging heights by suits of armor and so on. But I heard that people's height went up and down throughout the ages. But I don't know about that time.

Do you think he was like Napoleon -- a short guy driven to dominate?

I didn't see the movie Alexander. Is this the actor who played him in it?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Amazing! I always am fascinated with Alexander the Great. Wonderful job.

Nice job on the picture Tony, I have something in comment with Alexander as I have one blue eye and one green eye. Never knew I was a Heterochondrian.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Unhappy

Thanks all for the great comments. So Coops has that look. Wow.....I had just finished reading his biography when I started this piece. Refs were from wax figures I found on the net and Ionic Greek columns and used a blurred war scene in the BG. The eyes I worked in a lot from memory. You don't forget a look like that, ever. At one point in reading his story I came across a passage where he was having his festivities for his army and began a contest to see who could drink the most. Forty of his men died from alcohol poisoning. He had a "harem" of more than 300 women and supposedly only had one child. He was usually was at the head of all battles and he killed a lot of people, and caused untold mayhem on the cities he conquered, brought suffering and sold captives as slaves, burned cities and left his army to plunder at will. All this done in his twenties.......