ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: NOAA is WORTHLESS

NOAA is WORTHLESS

Tropical Storm Maria is sitting on top of us here in the USVI for many days now.

NOAA says TS Maria has moved off west to just above Haiti.... HU ?

The satellite imagery shows it here over the US Virgin Islands STILL..... HU ?
    I can testify...it is here not there. What are the guys at NOAA smoking?

Now we are all confused and wet to the bone...flooding and gusting winds, the rain is just dumping down hard now.....doh is there no end?

See the images below.....Kinda stupid, HU? Welcome to Earth !

The people can make better weather reports and predictions. Really.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Other than looking out the window to see what the weather is doing, what are your options for getting weather news? Perhaps you can have several resources bookmarked that you can cross reference.

I would write them a letter or something. Seems that an organization like that, unless they downsized their staff to an old geezer with a oujia board and a rum problem, they would care enough to correct their info. I would think they have a vested interest in credibility.

On the other hand, I would keep compiling this sort of thing so you have a case to prove your point. I would imagine people's lives could depend on accurate weather forecasts, especially if they are at sea. And they owe it to everybody to get it right. It's sorta a version of reckless endangerment.

I take it what you're saying is that they wrong not merely on a prediction but were wrong about what the weather was doing right at that moment and didn't bother to look at the data?

In any case I wish you well with the weather that is at hand for you! Stay safe, my friend. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

D Akey

Thanks for the suggestion... but...it would do no good. We all know the sat image is correct. The forecasters....always wrong since they got their first pay check.... hehe Yes lives do depend on getting accurate information but in reality...in the islands and offshore on boats we just prepare and honker down and wait it out normally. This is a storm that would not depart and as we sit and wait we watch to see what's going on but this time......it was very aggravating.

This AM the images match and we have a new storm sliding over us, doh.
    Not so bad or worrisome..... back to the grind of life, we hope.

Still wet to the bones....