ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sumi brush painting?

Sumi brush painting?

Hi,

I am trying to emulate the look and feel of Japanese sumi brush painting in ArtRage studio. I wish there were a set of Sumi brushes here, with the calligraphic qualities of those brushes. I also wish to find a canvas that emulates Japanese or Korean mulberry paper. Any ideas?

I've been requesting that for a long time. In other words, I am in full agreement.

Hopefully they will get around to it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks, glad to have someone else on board here. I found a way to load sumi brush presets from photoshop into the sticker spray tool, but it's far from the sumi brush look I hope to have...

There's also been some discussion of this in the Art Supplies area. Look up the recent thread on "Pen Settings for Indian Ink brush work and textural effects?". It's not quite what I'm looking for, but it's a start.

I'd also like a more "bristly" textured Sumi Brush option- then I could use it for other dry brush effects with WC. !! That would be awesome.

I just added some presets you might enjoy here:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=37021

Yes, after I made the last post, some pretty good solutions were come to in the thread I mentioned. It's well worth checking out.

Such brushes would be a boon, hope they happen
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307