ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage Filters?

ArtRage Filters?

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can provide a link (or tutorial) to working ArtRage .8bf filters? The only one I used is MisterPaint's Ultra Sharpen filter and is also the only working .8bf filter on my computer. I thank you in advance.

I've tried to download .8bf filters from the internet as well as copy them from Photoshop, but they end up saying 'xxx.dll is missing' or not even showing in ArtRage at all. Don't know why so hard to get them work.

I've had some good results with the filters from the following sites:

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you Someonesane, quite like the stuff in the second link!

If you're on OS X, 8bf filter files won't work, as these are generally Windows Photoshop plugins and won't be compatible with a Mac. If you're on a Mac, make sure that the website which has the filters specifies Mac compatibility.

If you're trying to use the filters that ship with Adobe Photoshop, many of these are written using Adobe's internal standards which we don't have access to, so won't function with ArtRage.

If you find other filters which don't work, feel free to send me an email at support@artrage.com with the filter name, nature of the problem and if possible where you got it from, as we're always interested in checking filter compatibility to see if there's anything which can be improved at our end.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    If you're on OS X, 8bf filter files won't work, as these are generally Windows Photoshop plugins and won't be compatible with a Mac. If you're on a Mac, make sure that the website which has the filters specifies Mac compatibility.

If you're trying to use the filters that ship with Adobe Photoshop, many of these are written using Adobe's internal standards which we don't have access to, so won't function with ArtRage.
    Thank you for your reply, Dave. Now I am feeling really good about being a PC person! The Colour Balance filter I found is really useful to ArtRage, although I wish AR can have its own Colour Balance tool.