ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Matte Paintings - Extensions - Etc.

Matte Paintings - Extensions - Etc.

greeting...
    i thought to share here few of my works that come in the bracket of Matte Painting, (Set) Extensions, Background Plates, etc. esp for the movies and shorts.
    these are a mixture of painting and images/photographs. thats how they are usually done. apart from that, ive done color and value/tone correction, color grading and worked on mood and ambiance.
    the reason im posting these in the General Chat area is that these have no or very less use of Artrage. i used Artrage in "Remains - 2" for the lighter grass in the main/middle mountain where the ruins stand, so i just was not comfortable posting these in the main Gallery Section. ive largely used photoshop.
    thanks for dropping by and i hope u like these...
    im also sharing the source images that ive used.

first one is "Remains - 2"

good day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Remains-2-ar-wn.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	311.7 KB 
ID:	59465  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by waheednasir; 08-28-2011 at 02:23 AM.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Title: Threatening.

Name:	Threatening-ar-wn.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	322.0 KB 
ID:	59470  
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Title: Poignant.

Name:	Poignant-ar-wn.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	378.2 KB 
ID:	59472  
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

beautiful pieces Waheed. there's more to matte painting than just using reference images. it takes a talented artist to unify the piece with color, texture, painting skills and composition. your work on these, as on all your other work is just brilliant. thank you for sharing these.

You really are all over the place with your jobs. Excellent. Too bad I couldn't see the movies. Are these establishing shots only or are they to be combined with action as well?

Nice work!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks muchly for sharing this...I've often marveled at the work of matte painters like Dylan Cole...and yours is brilliant work....

very strong things. Some could be done in ArtRage. But very fascinating work indeed.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

There is Dylan Cole for modern matte painting and then there is old school, the Ellenshaws. What can i say, i am old fashioned.

http://www.ellenshaw.com/peterellenshaw.htm

Amazing beautiful Matte ilusions congratulations Waheed.

screenpainter, D Akey, kenmo, hanzz, Al! and Lima, thanks very much... appreciate your very kind words.

D Akey, thanks. these are my personal pieces. i do these for own portfolio plus in my company we do matte paintings too, so these also play a role in the company's show reel. they can be establishing shots, background plates for the action sequence, merge with actual shoot. they can be very complicated at times when the camera moves, pans or zooms in/out, for that ive to make everything separately, in layers so we can introduce parallax. also these can be used for set extensions as well. all in all, very useful in production, esp now a days. every single movie these days, whether CG or actual shoot, has many many shot done in this way. if these can be very well composited, they do the magic...

Al!, ofcourse, thanks for the link. these are actually more like paintings and are very well done.

good day everyone.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com