ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Fun with stickers

Fun with stickers

I took an older painting, the window frame, edited it, and made it into a sticker. I also took a photograph I had taken of the Prallsville Mill, in Stockton, New Jersey and made a sticker of that, giving it texture. I combined the two to make this painting. The possibilities of making our own stickers out of our own paintings and photographs is intriguing to me. Using the stickers to make a totally different painting is also intriguing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    ...Using the stickers to make a totally different painting is also intriguing.
    I agree ... it's really to try! Congratulations, effect successful
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Like looking through the castle window, well done Bobbi
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I must look into what stickers are.

Very nice image. A fresh handling of a pretty scene.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Bobbi... i love this really a nice effect... you definitly qualify for one of the premier AR scientists !!

I am seeing the practicality of stickers. Especially using your own paintings, etc. They can be manipulated to be positioned where you want them. They have their own layers and you can flatten them so you can use the knife to reshape them. I am seeing how they can be used to edit or update older paintings. Some paintings I have done in the past did not exactly please me. But I couldn't bear to discard them. Now I am seeing I can reuse them and add other elements by use of stickers. Oh the possibilities!!

WOW...this is fascinating stuff and I like what you have done with this...keep experimentating and hopefully you can share a tutorial with us later !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

When I figure out how to do a tutorial, I will most certainly share. In the meantime, as I do these, I will try to explain how I get where I ended up. Hopefully you will be able to see what I have done.