ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thailand's Mother Day

Thailand's Mother Day

Hi,

Today is the August 12th, Mother Day in Thailand (The Thailand's Queen's Birthday.) May all mothers know that we appreciate them.

I consider myself lucky to be able to celebrate 2 mother days each year when my Mother-in-law was alive. The last year before she passed, I told her that I appreciated her having the son (the only son) who became my Hubby.

My mother is 85 years old this year, problem with many things, especially joints pain but her mind is still quite sharp. My father ( a patrol policeman) got killed when I was turning 17 and still in HS. She struggled with the banana farm to make sure that I could continued to college despite what her relatives and neighbors told her. (In my time (I am 61 years old), the Thais did not believe in girls going to schools higher than the 10th grade, too smart, would never marry a good man!). Now when I hear the relatives and neighbors told me how lucky I am, I think of my mother!!!

This painting of Monkey's Mother and Baby is done in oil, sticker spray and eye-ball sticker, thanks to all who have created the brushes and stickers. Any comments and advice are appreciated.

My friends, may your mothers have good health!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jasmine... you were very lucky indeed to have a mother who wanted so much for you and worked so hard to get it... this is a pretty painting and a good mother's image... nice work

Very nice painting Jasmine and a day to be remembered
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Hi Jasminek

Wonderful Painting
    Visit my website here

Thanks so much to you all.

gsxpainter - I use to argue with my mother a lot feeling she prefered my little brother who is a lawyer in Thailand now, but for the past 15 years, I realized that she is there seeing my brother 's ups and downs and shares things with him daily while I am so far away, left here since I was 16. My brothers takes care of everything she needs so she is closer to him.

Katie and Sabena, special thanks to you two also.

May all our mothers have good health.

What a wonderful story, Jasmine. So special to have your mother still around at that age. My mum lived a full life too, to 95, and it was amazing to be 54 and still have her. We are lucky people.

Love your painting - so sweet, beautifully done

Happy Mother's Day!

Warm sentiment in the mother and child theme. Very sweet.

And Thai home cooking has to be something out of this world owing to my loving it in restaurants. Mmmmmmm. Thanks to all the moms that cook!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Lovely image, Happy mothers day Jasminek
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)