ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: .ptg Pro thumbnail not showing

.ptg Pro thumbnail not showing

I've been using AR 1.1 for years & the .ptg extension thumbnail has always shown in Win Explorer (I use Vista). The WIPs showing up are from vs 1.1 and the demo vs 2.

However, my latest paintings in Studio Pro don't show up - they were a blank pic until I just associated the file with Pro hoping it would help but still no actual image.

Is it like this for everyone? Thanks for your help

Edit: incorrect - those tns must be from Pro because of the AR symbol in the corner? Or has that symbol only come up because I've installed Pro and includes the other versions? Don't mean to sound pedantic Having said that, the other versions always show.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by hildee; 08-07-2011 at 07:19 PM.

The thumbnails are from the ArtRage Thumbnail viewer (later version) but the icons without thumbnails are odd, they must have been assigned directly by Windows because the default icons don't look like that.

The first thing to do would be to go to the folder and press F5, the thumbnail system in Windows can sometimes get confused and it may need to regenerate the thumbnails.

If that doesn't work, it may be that the thumbnail DLLs haven't properly installed (previous thumbnails will still be visible). If you uninstall the product, reboot, then reinstall it from the latest installer that should install and register the thumbnail DLLs. Make sure you install as Administrator (right click, Open as Administrator) in case the system isn't allowing the installer to register the thumbnail viewers properly.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks Matt! I'll try this and let you know how I go.

Does uninstalling void one of the 2 installs allowed (on 2 diff machines)?
    Last edited by hildee; 08-07-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Uninstalling doesn't void anything, so you can feel free to do so on any of your systems, your license key will still be valid. Let us know if you still have any problems.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

F5! Thanks! I was having the same problem. F5 fixed it.

Doesn't work for me Sueellen so looks like a reinstall for me.

Thanks Dave for the advice

EDIT:
    Worked a treat! Thanks Dave, Matt! Thumbnails perfect

My customised presets etc still there. This program is fantastic!
    Last edited by hildee; 08-09-2011 at 07:12 PM.