ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Slow Brushes

Slow Brushes

The new Artrage 3.5 upgrade has really improved performance but I've noticed that it still struggles with large image sprays.

I've attached a Slow Brush package with some brushes that really lag at 200%.

The questiosn are: Does anybody else finds them laggy? Am I expecting too much? Is there an optimal size for creating image spray brushes?

Spec: Windows 7, i5 @ 2.27ghz

Slow Brushes Package
    Charlie

ArtRage for Art | EnergyXT2 for Music | Blender for 3D

The spray rate an head size appear to be what's causing the problem. The sticker image isn't huge but for a stamp type brush head it's pretty big and the number of times it is being sprayed at 100% spray rate is what's causing the lag. Most of the brush head stickers included with the app are 3 to 4 times smaller so they're doing less work. The spray variation is also allowing the brush head to get really big based on pressure, so that will be slowing it down as well.

Tweaking the scale variant down and reducing brush head size would probably help.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.