ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Collapsed Picker Issue 3.5.1

Collapsed Picker Issue 3.5.1

Bah, I'm not even sure how to coherently describe this problem.

Ok, here goes.

So this is the normal behavior: When the Tool and Color Pickers are open, they block a certain portion of the screen. You can't start a stroke, sample a color, or whatever, because that area is covered by the picker.

This is the problematic behavior: if I collapse either Picker, ArtRage behaves as though that portion of the screen is still blocked. So even though the the area looks unoccupied, I still can't start a stroke, sample a color, or whatever, from that area.

ArtRage SP 3.5.1 on Windows 7
    Wacom Bamboo tablet of some variety
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

I'm not able to replicate the problem you describe - Could you post a screenshot of your layout when the picker is collapsed so that I can see if there's anything I'm missing?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Matt, it looks like this happens only when I have Realtime Stylus turned ON and Use Wintab turned OFF.

I don't think it's an issue with my tablet driver, because the same thing happens when I use the trackpad and mouse.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by terrygillooly; 08-01-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: screenshot... hopefully legible
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Thanks for that. We've been able to reproduce it here if wintab is especially set to OFF. So, you should be able to have both on, or real time stylus off and wintab on, but not wintab off. Either of those combinations should work with your Bamboo in the meantime, but we'll look into this further.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks Dave! It turns out that switching Realtime Stylus OFF solved another really annoying problem: the tool would continue to draw after I lifted the stylus from the surface of the tablet, until the pen got out of "hovering" range.
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Great to hear that helped. Regarding the hover behavior, that would tend to indicate that ArtRage isn't getting a mouse up event at the end of the stroke via realtime stylus. If you don't have the latest drivers for your Bamboo, I suspect that downloading the latest, uninstalling your Bamboo drivers, then restarting and installing the downloaded version should sort that out ( If you want to have realtime stylus on ). I've seen that a couple of times before on TabletPCs relating to drivers, it's an odd one.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Dave, uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers worked. Thanks!
    Cat Boxes, a web comic