ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: San Felipe Night Light

San Felipe Night Light

Candle light dinner in San Felipe means something else entirely.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

PD...you get some amazing textures into your backgrounds.. this image has an intimate spiritual quality to the candle and vase... almost like a benediction is taking place... I don't know if that was your intent but for me this image takes on the quality of religious iconography.... very nice volumetric feeling to the vase....

P.D. love the originality of the theme and textures, i just love the textures in paintings and yours are very fine ones.

I second that comment about the great textures. Did you notice that if you step back a ways and look at the candle that it looks like the pope sitting on his throne. The light of the candle is his hat or whatever they call that thing he wears on his head.

This is another use of vase nine and an excellent and artful painting in my opinion with those thick strokes and such a superb palette choice! I love it!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

A very nice piece PD
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/