ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can you fill with glitter?

Can you fill with glitter?

Hello!

This is my first post to this forum, so thank you very much in advance!

I'm using Artrage 3 Studio Pro.

I wanted to know if there is a way to fill an area with glitter? I'm trying to create a large glitter overlay and it seems that there might be an easier way to fill the area with glitter than 'painting' over it.

Is there another way?

Thanks, again, in advance!

Mary

Hi Mary, welcome to the forums!

The fill tool doesn't provide the ability to fill with glitter specifically, but here are a couple of things which might help:

The glitter tool size can be made bigger than 100%. If you're using a tablet, hold down the shift key on your keyboard, touch your stylus to the canvas and drag it right to make the tool size bigger. You can go up to 500% which makes it much quicker to cover large areas with glitter.

You can use the selection tool to create an area to put glitter in in order to prevent it going anywhere else. The selection tool has a range of options ( see the settings panel after picking the selection tool ) including rectangular, circular, freehand and magic wand selections which allow you to define an area. After doing that you can paint your glitter into that area only. To clear the selection choose 'clear selection' in the settings panel or press ctrl+D on your keyboard.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design