ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Valientes bomberos de Tijuana

Valientes bomberos de Tijuana

There are some gallant firefighters caught in the crossfire of macho psychopathic murderers of women and children. The firefighters risk everything everyday to save as many lives as possible, hoping only that are able to go home safely of them go home safely everyday. They are ill equipped, ill supported, and understaffed If I had the President's ear, with the Mexican government support, Team 6 would wreck havoc on these terrorists.

I am fraught with anger of the plight of these great people who are hard working, family oriented, religious, compassionate people. Who in their pure essence have more of the American spirit than do we.

Quick story. An American's vehicle breaks down in the middle of the desert. The few cars that did pass did not stop. Finally an older, poorly operating van pulled to the side. Exiting the van was a 9 family members poor family members who stopped to help, After much travail the repairs were made. The American attempted to give the father twenty dollars. He would not take it. The American then tried giving it to one of their daughters, She took it back to the van.

Just as the American was leaving, they called out to him. "Senor, have you eaten lunch yet? The American replied he had not. The children ran to the American and gave him a tamale.

Hungry, the American opened the tamale and found the twenty dollars wrapped in the aluminum. He quickly left his vehicle and rushed to the van carrying the kind family who were now leaving.

Once again the American pleaded for them to take the money. The father insisted not and said,

"Today you. Tomorrow me." They drove off never to encounter each other again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valientes bomberos de Tijuana.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	55664  
    Last edited by P. D. Dinkles; 05-09-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

PD - I am totally in agreement with your anger and frustration at the plight of the people of Mexico, and the firefighters who protect and serve their communities.... this is a strong piece. well done and well said Great story also.

An sad story about one of the many things that are wrong in todays world and a nice painting to illustrate

A great story. Civilization, solidarity and kindness are not a matter of money.
    Quite often being not rich may teach solidarity and hospitality better, and reference to a Superior Being to please and get in touch with our correct and compassionate behaviour is furtherly useful to live well and fulfil our social attitude and quest for joy and sharing.
    The painting in Your gorgeous style is marvellous as ever.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

great story. a lot can be discerned from the simple statement by the father, "today you, tomorrow me." what a nobility.
    great pic too. love the textures the warm colors and the childlike quality.

Well, this post is chock full of different things.

The painting is awesome. I really love it. Great style!!!!

The story about the firefighters. . . wow. Sad. Ironic. Heroic.

Tijuana has been an exploitative place for as long as I can remember (my memory on it going back to the early 60s). I was surprised that there are normal parts, even though we seem to focus on the seedier aspects cause that's where the tourists go.

As to the darker side, it's not only a border town, which gives it a particular cultural dynamic, it's also near several military bases. If you know anything about towns that service the servicemen, they're generally rough around the edges.

But there has been a ton of money pouring into there since the Mexican population has swelled in the US with their ties back to it. And if the same tough customers are still running things there as was the case with the past, they're becoming richer exploiters. No doubt drug cartels and Mexican Mafia and all that are trying to really take over. Hard for good people.

The stories you recalled for us are heartwarming and I agree, such good people exist in abundance and it's great that you brought them to light. I think there is something about adversity that often brings out the best in people. And those instances represent the best for sure. And my heart goes out to such as them. It can't be easy.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I am so touched PD, and wish that more stories as this one were given through the media resources so that love and kindness would be remembered. It is contagious. Bless these people, firefighters, and the people who stopped and helped. Let us all remember all those who have helped us.

Wonderful, moving story PD, the world is full of wonderful people we just have to open our eyes and hearts to find them. Great painting too
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Super!!!!!!!!!!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Thank you for the great discussions. I lived closed to Tijuana for many years and I am enamored of the people and saddened by their difficulty. I am not an historian of Tijuana, but I am aware of the influences that shaped the city. I will share the web address when/if I finish the story I am writing.

Tijuana is one of those towns along the route of human migration of many different cultures. It is truly a "melting pot" of people and cuisine. Italian, Chinese, Jewish, and others have contributed to make for a very interesting mix of cuisine producing meals you can find no where else. Did you know the origins of the Ceasar Salad comes from Caesars Bar and Grill?

Anyway Tijuana catches fire often and the fires are difficult to stop due to the lack of building codes. We would be called in to help often, so we bomberos were treated as heroes. Never had a problem, though I should of. It is a rowdy town. I showed them my bombero badge and they would apologize.

Bombero to bombero, we were brothers.

That is what my painting is about. Or that is what I said with the painting without words.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)