ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Floating Fruit Market - Thailand

Floating Fruit Market - Thailand

HI,

I have been trying to paint a floating market in Thailand for a while. The fruits seem to make me stumble a lot so I started with stickers at this time and modified them (cheating is another word)!

Thailand, especially Bangkok used to be called "The Venice of the East" due to canals which the Thai forefathers built to let the water had their ways. For the past 100 years, the population increased, more vehicles, lots of canals were filled to make roads and Bangkok just gets flooded every year. And whoever becomes the government just rolled their eyes and put ban-aids on the problem.

The King of Thailand has worked for the last 60 years to get canals in appropriate places, areas called "Monkey Cheeks" to direct water and water management in general (amongst many of his projects, all for that the Thai people can live happily and sufficiently.)

Because of canals, rivers many people find it easier to travel by boats and here comes the floating selling people naturally.

This painting is done in water colors, knife, felt pen and stickers. Ref. pictures are several including one of mine.

As usual any comments and advice are appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floating Market - Fruit.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	54911  

I don't think you can call using the stickers "cheating". It is using tools that are available to create something that has come out of your imagination and creative desire. Don't we see so many different expressions of imagination in all forms of art? Is a person who does scrap booking cheating because they artfully arrange photos and scraps of colored paper, etc. to create a memento of their lives? Is it cheating to use a beautiful scene to recreate that image on a canvas or a wall or a piece of paper, etc.? Folks who don't view digitally created art "real" just don't get it. From mind to media is creating.

I do see the digital art as real art, however, in my mind (and mine only), I do feel that I may have taken an easy way out.

Thanks for your input.

Jasmine, I think this is beautiful and you did a wonderful job on it

JasmineK - you did a wonderful job on this, and the fruit in the boats looks lushicous! I like the dark waters that provide the contrast for the bright fruit colors and people.

Jasmine, this painting is so beautiful. Fantastic. Congratulations.

Jasmine, this is very nicely done.
    and, I agree with Bobbi.. Creativity comes from the artists mind and inner being, regardless of the tools used.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

I saw these floating markets also on wonderful pictures of a freind and collegue of mine. Very beautiful!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.