ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Workspace changes.

Workspace changes.

Hello

I've recently upgraded from 2.5 to Studio. I'm very happy I made the change, but I miss not having a zoom icon that i can click on then drag my cursor to zoom in or out. I could go back to using Ctrl+/Ctrl- as in Photoshop, just thought there might be a way to get that missing icon. And maybe it's my imagination, but the tool and color picker panels seem a lot bigger than I was used to in 2.5. I find myself either panning or zooming a lot more to see what I'm doing. I know I can collapse them, but I'd prefer not (just what I'm used to). Does anyone know of a way to reduce the sizes of these? I've checked ArtRage preferences, but haven't had any luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Interface size: You can shrink the interface by going to Edit -> Preferences -> Panels and setting the scale there if you want to scale the entire interface. Alternatively you can right click the grip of the tool picker / color picker and choose a scale from the menu. See the section 'Panels' on page 17 of the manual for more information on manipulating panels ( scaling rotating etc. ).

Zooming: Besides the other options ( space + shift + drag / mouse wheel ) to zoom, you can use the canvas positioner to zoom, rotate and pan the canvas. Click the easel icon in the top menu bar to open the canvas positioner, then drag up and down on the magnifying glass to zoom in and out. The canvas positioner can also be scaled if you wish. See the section 'The Canvas Positioner' on page 65 of the manual for more info on this feature.

I hope that's of some help, let me know if unsure.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks Dave. Just before I read your reply I did accidentally figure out the right clicking of the color picker/ tool tabs. Now I can see what I'm doing. Guess I'm going to have to take a look at the manual. Appreciate your help.

No problem at all! Let us know if you need any further help or have questions.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design