ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bernadett's apparition.

Bernadett's apparition.

I do not know why this girl is so much on my mind. Story about this picture i painted today.... just a quickie... when i was a little girl... my mommy used to tell me stories at bedtime... and this was my favored.... Bernadette and her sister tended the sheep in the mountains and when everything was ok with the sheep... they build a little heaven from stones and sand... made a large pile of stones and called it little heaven. One day... when they built a nice new one.... a beautiful lady all shrowded in the golden light appeared on that pile they called heaven ... they asked her who she was.. and she answered"I am Virgin Mary, Jesus's mother"... they didn't believe her of course.... and asked her to do some miracle for them... they asked for the bush of roses to grow and bloom right away in front of her.... she fulfiled that and for many days she kept coming when they tended their sheep.. and of course one day she didn't appear at all... it is the short story of why the Lourdes in France Pyreneyes became so known ......I loved that story... i wanted to build a heaven...i did... but Mary have not appeared to me...not then...not later on....That's why, why i love to paint Bernadette the shepardess...
    This is just a small picture... i thought i will only doodle... and i did..:-).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by AT-TA; 03-07-2011 at 04:15 PM.

It may be a doodle, but it's a really fine painting, beautiful in every way AT-TA.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Thank you Byron, am so glad that you enjoyed it so much as i do.

A truly wonderful painting AT...Very moving..
    Your style is such a joy to behold.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

This painting is absolutely marvellous, sublime as much as the story, both Yours and that of the apparition. Your brush seems to have been blessed too! I'm in awe, dear Anna.
    The self presentation of the Virgin to Bernadette was impressive indeed also because it stated a truth that was then finally proclaimed to be a further faith dogma and which the girl was unaware about and couldn't even understand until the local priest heard it from her.
    Very few in the centuries could experiment such an experience You longed for and usually early on, when our soul is lighter. Later on we tend to get heavier under our material worries ... Nonetheless there are other ways to feel that kind of heavenly and motherly love and care, many signs in unlikely events and combinations when we need to have some special luck against all odds. We cannot "see" that without intelligence sight of "feel" an almost impalpable caress if we keep proud and sure of our own firm assumptions and notions.
    Anyway that's the vision which, together with our passed away beloved ones, I wish each man and woman could have when our time in here is up, just like in our first moment after our birth almost all of us had the smiling face of our mom to welcome us and show us the Love.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Stunning. Completely beautiful.

This is beautiful AT-TA! The texture and canvas in this really gives it an aged classic feel. Love it!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle