ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Is there a Pebble Sticker Spray Tutorial...

Is there a Pebble Sticker Spray Tutorial...

anywhere??

Done a search, but that results in and i would like to to create an asteroid sticker spray.

I made a tutorial for creating sticker sheets and spray presets here.

Just be sure to use the Cell preset for the canvas. If you're importing actual pictures of asteroids (or using rocks that look like them), just use the selection tool, or the eraser to get rid of the backgrounds. If you want to be able to select the hue the rocks will be, you'll need to adjust the color so they're red. You can do that by opening the Adjust Color panel (Ctrl+J), and removing their colors first (drop the Color bar to 0%), and clicking OK. Then select a pure red color, open the Adjust color panel again, select Colorize with Paint Color, and increase the Color bar up to your desired amount (80 to 100% for me, normally).
    Last edited by Someonesane; 03-06-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Already used your excellent tut SOS to create the Star brush used here but had no idea how to create the realistic pebble/rock/asteroid look

Anyway, time to import some rock images and follow your instructions again.

Oh... So the question is about how to paint the asteroids themselves, rather then how to make them sticker?

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Oh... So the question is about how to paint the asteroids themselves, rather then how to make them sticker?
    Wanted to know how the the realistic pebble look was achieved so i could create realistic looking rock or asteroid sticker spray.Was an image of a pebble used, was texture applied and if so how is this done.
    Last edited by Chuckart; 03-06-2011 at 05:04 PM.

The Pebble sticker set was most likely an actual picture of a stone, or maybe a computer render of one, from what I can remember of it. You could probably just take some pictures of some rocks that look the part (iron ore, and volcanic rocks comes to mind), and then crop them out. Or, you could import them as tracing images and use the tools to help pick the colors from them, using various paper grains, or stencils, to add some extra textures in there. You could use the Glitter tool to add some depth to the paint textures, as well.

Thanks again SOS for the excellent step by step. It's now time to play around with the Spary Variation settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images