ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: color changes

color changes

hello again,

I don't want to be a pest, but have another question, this one is rather frustrating. I have been using ArtRage for a couple of weeks and have just now run into this problem, I am stumped.

I am working on layer 2 and I make sure it is on layer 2, I pick a color form the color wheel and began to draw, the minute I place the tool on the "paper" my color switches to the color on layer 1. I am not touching anything and am not doing anything different ....I am baffled as to what is causing this. It is like I am using the color sampler tool, but am not. This just started last night seemingly out of the blue, just finished a picture went to do the next and it started. I don't know if a setting changed that I am unaware of or what. I won't be able to work due to this so any thoughts would be great.
    Thanks,
    Mikki

Hmm... A couple things come to mind. First, did you load a tracing image at all? It's possible the program is using the automatic color selector from that feature. Although, tapping once on the color picker would switch it to normal mode. So if that's not it, then it might be that your alt button is stuck (holding alt being the shortcut for the color picker), or perhaps your pen tablet driver got confused someplace, and is applying an alt hit when you touch the pen down.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks for the input. Yes i am using a tracing image and when I did what you suggested by clicking the wheel it stopped. What would make it go into this mode "automatic color selector"?

When an image is imported as a tracing, the program defaults to automatically selecting the color directly from the tracing. If you haven't run into it before, it's likely you had always chose your own color in the past, unknowingly setting it back to a manual choice each time. It's also possible that you have a shortcut key set up on your keyboard, which could've been hit to toggle the feature back on.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.