ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Exporting layers to desktop ArtRage? Will this be coming?

Exporting layers to desktop ArtRage? Will this be coming?

I finally was able to buy the desktop version and was elated but my happiness crashed realizing that, despite what I thought prior, I cannot import the layered version of my iPad work.

Are they working on this by chance?

It would mean the world to me to have this option. I am a professional artist and my ArtRage work is used on products. The lack of the layer export takes much of the functionality out of the iPad version.

You can transfer layered ArtRage files between the current iPad and desktop versions via iTunes file sharing.

To get the ArtRage painting file ( PTG ) from your iPad, dock your iPad, open iTunes and go to your iPads 'Apps' tab. Under 'File Sharing', click ArtRage and you'll see a listing of all your painting files which you saved to your gallery on the iPad. These can be dragged to your computer and opened in the desktop version ( File -> Open, or just double clicking the painting file )

If you're having any problems with this, let us know what desktop version you're using and how you're loading the files and we'll be happy to help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I have the latest version of ArtRage on my iPad.

I just purchased the Mac Desktop Pro version of ArtRage.

It will import via ptg file and also via email png but it does not preserve the layers.

I need the layers to adjust branches and create companion art work to the original.

Sorry, I did not clarify what I am doing to import.

As you stated above I connect my iPad, open apps, file sharing. I then download my layered file to my computer.

I then launch ArtRage On my Mac. I go to Import and find the layered file and bring it in.

I open layers and it is flat- only one compressed layer.

This is very likely something obvious I am doing wrong. Please- you have my permission to make me look stupid and enlighten me.

I love ArtRage

Are you using File > Import Image File to open .ptg files? If so, the file information is merged into a single layer image. To open a .ptg file, and retain it's layer information (and other data, like wet paint), you should use File > Open Painting.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Talking

Oh
    My
    Gosh....

I totally love you guys!

Or just double click the file... It will open in all layers.
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/

Wow!

That was easier yet!

Thanks guys!